vingt-huit

act two, scene five

quackity had grown quite frustrated with the watson girl. it had been two weeks since the news of her brothers passing came and she hasn't gotten out of bed. she spent her days staying at the tan chipping walls and her nights falling asleep to the melody of her tears.

quackity understood what happened was hard, but he needed to get her stable. after much effort he came to the conclusion he couldn't, so he brought in someone who could.

"hey," dream smiled goofily from the door.

"hi," y/n chocked weakly.

dream lifted a concerned eyebrow at the sight of the girl, "what's going on."

"i'll give you two some space," quackity nodded.

y/n wanted to tell him so badly. for him to hold her, to comfort her. but she couldn't.

y/n shrugged, "just feel..bad."

"i get that way too sometimes," dream takes a seat on the side of her bed, "it's tough..i know. and i know it's been hard recently trapped in here. but hey maybe it's not so bad."

"not so bad," y/n seethed, "i'm trapped in a eight by four room all day for heavens sake."

but even y/n didn't care about getting out now. she cared about nothing anymore really.

"i know," dream winced, "but if i start visiting you frequently we can just hang out all day. and i know schlatt is your ex, but he isn't such a bad person."

"he raped me, dream," y/n spoke quietly. she gave herself no time to hesitate on what she way saying. it had been weighing her down for a long time.

"he what?!" dream's calm expression quickly melted into anger. he arose to his feet, speeding towards the door.
"dream wait!" y/n yelled.

dream turned around. he wanted to fucking murder schlatt for the way he touched y/n. but as much as he wanted to she needed him here.

y/n was slightly taken aback as he wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling his head into her neck. her surprise quickly acted into the embrace, letting her arms drape down his back.

"i'm so sorry that happened to you," dream said softly, "i'm so sorry i didn't do anything."

y/n leaned back, so she could look into dream's emerald orbs, "you couldn't have..you weren't there that night."

"but maybe-"

"stop feeling guilty," y/n demanded, "you couldn't have down anything."

"you couldn't have either," dream looked down.

"what?"

"you couldn't have either," dream repeated, "it wasn't your fault..what happened to you wasn't your fault."
an overwhelming amount of tears swam in her eyes, finally let loose down her face. dream brushed his finger across her wet cheeks, pushing away every year that came. she didn't know if it hurt that he was right or that she spent so long convincing herself of the opposite.

as her voice broke into sobs, dream pulled her back down in the hug. caressing her hair gently he cradled her, "shhh, it's alright. your alright, your safe."

quackity returned outside the door with a tray of sandwiches. he took in the scene of the two young adults holding each other. he chuckled to himself at how oblivious they were to realize.

p.s

-almost at 60k:)

-i was listening to girl in red while writing this😩☝️

-soft dream supremacy✊

-had the worst panic attack of my life yesterday and threw my razor across the room 😩😩😩

-i keep going on vacation and having to write these on my notes app with no internet so fun

-mmmm grass

i love you.