treize

act one, scene twelve

possibly the best part of carly and wilbur's relationship is the cinnamon rolls brought ever sunday day night dinner. tommy, tubbo, y/n, and fundy as a team always tried to sneak a lick of the delicate white royal icing with fundy sitting on tommy's shoulders, but they always scolded and swatted aways by none other than philza.

one thing y/n despised however was hearing stuff from carly about her brother she couldn't erase from her mind.

"hi, love," carly greeted, wilbur kissing his cheek. tommy rubbed the sore part of his arm bitterly in circles after y/n nudged him from gagging at the interaction.

"fundy say hi to carly," wilbur instructed.

he glanced up from his drawing quickly, murmuring a soft, "hi carly," before returning to his activity.

carly gently knelt next to him, "hey fundy, my apartment is awfully overloaded with gummy worms, would you be willing to take them off my hands?"

fundy perked up at that, "really?!"

"mhm," she nodded, "they're in the kitchen."

fundy sprinted off to find his treat, wilbur sighing to himself, "i'll be right back."

"you don't have to spoil him so much you know," y/n told her best friend.

"but i like to," carly shrugged, "and i want him to like me."

"he does like you," y/n reassured. 

carly nodded slowly, still unsure. 

"and hey," y/n nudged her, "i know it's rough right now, but he'll come around to you. and you don't have to buy his love with candy." 

"girls! dinner!" philza called from the dining room. 

the uneventfulness of dinner was nice and peaceful filled with small chatter. that was until wilbur cleared his throat breaking it's silent harmony. they didn't know it then, but after his speech things weren't going to go back to peace for a long time. 

"another election is upon us," wilbur announced, "and i have decided to run again." 

"as expected," his father nodded, urging him to go on. 

"once again it seems that quackity is running..this time it seems he has a secret or two up his sleeve," wilbur paused to make sure they were all listening attentively..they were (except for fundy who was attempting to catapult his peas wit his spoon. "while you are not my team of government minus tommy, i need you all to be helping. we must win for the good of our country."

"y/n?" wilbur asked.

"hmm?" she had zoned out for a few moments.

"are you in with us?" 

she hated politics, truly. but looking around at all of her expectant family and friends she scoffed a small, "of course." 

for many years y/n would look back on this night. the night where their minds were too naive to know the chaos that would come.