quinze

act one, scene fourteen 

y/n lifted up the ring attached to the door only (what do you call it🤸‍♂️) to release it, notifying her presence outside terra's residence. however it was dream who answered the door not terra.

"terra's out mushroom picking with george and sapnap," he told her.

y/n's mouth widened into the shape of an o, "well er thank you..i'll go now."

"wait!"

y/n turned back around, "yeah?"

"what if we went somewhere?" dream suggested.

she told her family she would be out for a while anyway. there was no harm in going and spending time with dream.
"okay."

***

"you know," y/n panted, "i wouldn't have said yes to coming if i knew you were going to force me to climb a mountain."

dream rolled his eyes, "it's just a hill, love."

"look up on google: synonym for hill! answers will shock you.."

but dream's attention was no longer on her, rather the space below him. confused and curious y/n went by his side where she could understand his state of awe. they stood above a field, plagued with thousands of dandelions. the flowers appeared almost as light bulbs the way the pink spilling sky of the sunset reflected on their liguels.

"woah."

"i come here sometimes when george, sapnap, and terra become too much," he turned to her, "i love them, but living with them..man..it really is something."

y/n laughed softly, resisting the urge to leave a comment on her own crazy family. techno like george was more calm and collected (NOT IRL GOGY, THAT KID'S ON CRACK🦒) nose always tucked in a book. tommy was like sapnap, wild and disruptive and y/n like terra equally frustrating, but had the ability to wrap people around her fingers. she supposed then wilbur would be dream, always separating terra and sapnap's fights. if y/n ever told them she knew they'd throw a fit. maybe that's why they're enemies, they are more similar than they realize.

"what do you say we go down and get a nice view of the sun setting?" dream offered.

y/n cocked an eyebrow, "how would we get down?"

dream walked closer to her, "do you trust me, love."

y/n has every right not to trust the man before her. he was her brother's enemy and was keeping secrets from her (she was keeping secrets from him too, but that did not matter)!

but even with that conclusion she replied with confidence racking in her bones, "yes..i trust you."

dream smiled softly, "good."

without warning, dream snatched her hand sprinting off the hill with her beside him. y/n's screams were buried by the roaring wind. was dream going to kill himself? her in the process?

before she could answer her own question, dream emptied a water bucket (still in mid air) for them to land on. they crashed to the ground, dream more smoothly.

when y/n finally caught her breath, she heaved, "are you fucking insane?"

dream smirked, "absolutely!"

"you could have killed the two of us," y/n glared.

"but i didn't."

"but-"

dream put a finger to her lips. he bent down, plucking a dandelion from it's grip to the ground. he held it out to her, "make a wish, love."

she took the flower from him skeptically, but still pursed her lips to blow air through.

dream smiled goofily at her, "what did you wish for?"

y/n shook her head, "can't tell you. then it won't come true."

"fine then," dream rolled his eyes playfully, blowing a dandelion of his own.

"what did you wish for?" y/n inquired.

dream tapped her nose, "can't tell you now, can i?"

"your annoying," y/n sighed, "we should probably get going now, hm?"

"aww you wanna get away from me," dream pouted and then laughed, so she knew he was joking, "probably should, i've annoyed you for long enough."

but what he didn't know is what y/n wished for that day in the field, was for more moments like those. moments where she could close her eyes and pretend he was hers. 

and he did the same.