CHP:-18

Enjoy reading guys
                                ***

"Mam all models have arrived except two of them." Kevin informed Anika .

"How can they be so irresponsible! Event is gonna start in 2 hours and they are not here. Who are the models?"

"Mam, the show stoppers Mr.Raghav Jani and Ms.Palak Dev."

"Damn! Try contacting them Kevin, without show stopper how could we participate!" Anika tried calming herself.

"Mam, we have a problem!" Shravan rushed towards Anika.

"What happened? "

"Mam, the showstopper dresses are missing!"

"What! Anika shouted. How's that possible? Didn't you guys check them when we arrived!"

"We did mam and now we aren't able to find it."

"They might have been misplaced somewhere, let's check one more time." Anika made her way towards the room that had all the dresses and necessary items present.

Anika looked around, checking every box. She looked inside wardrobes, behind shoe boxes but she couldn't find them.

"Are you sure we had shipped all the dresses here and didn't left anything behind!"

"100% mam, I personally checked them today in the morning."

"Shi*, how can we arrange a new dress in such a short period of time. " Anika sat on the nearby couch grabbing her head.

"Shravan make sure this talk stays between you and me. I don't want other team members to worry , let them continue there duty. I will think some other way."

"Yes mam." Shravan walked out leaving Anika alone.

Knock* Knock*

"Yes" Anika answered and walked in Tia Kapoor, Anika's competitor with smirk on her face.

"Hello Anika. Nice to see you."

"Hi Tia, may I ask what are you doing here?" Anika asked passing a fake smile.

"Just came to wish you All the best, I thought you might need it after all this time Tia Kapoor will win the trophy." She flipped her hairs.

"Let's wait and watch Tia, and yes, take my advice.. don't fly to high who knows you might fall straight on your face on the ground!"

"Whatever!" Saying this she left the room making Anika sigh in relief.

Anika, think something. We have less than 2 hours now. Both the dress and showstoppers are missing. Damn! This can't be a coincidence. God! Please help me.

"Kevin did you connect with Raghav and Palak?" Anika asked as she spotted Kevin among the group .

"Not reachable mam. Infact, I tried contacting other models but most of them are already part of another team and few of them aren't available. What will we do now mam? It's clearly stated that without showstoppers we cannot participate in the event ."

"Hmm...I'll handle this. You go and check if everything else is perfect or not."

"Sure mam." He walked away. Anika quickly dialed Arnav's number but it was switched off. Bhai yaar, aapka bhi phone abhi bandh hona tha!

She dialed the number of the next person that came into her mind.

"Hi, umm... I need your help. It's urgent please. Thanks...See you soon."

She immediately cut the call and dialled other number.

"Hello Maa, where are you?..oh! Good. Maa listen I need you too.... Muted*

"Pinky maa, have you guys left from Oberoi Mansion? Okay, maa I need you too....Muted*..thanks maa, see you soon."

Anika closed her eyes taking a deep breath. She walked out at the gate looking at her watch and the road constantly to and fro.

A familiar car stopped infront of her, she smiled as he got out of the car.

"Finally you are here. Thanks for coming Shivaay. It means a lot." Anika expressed her joy grabbing his hand.

"No problem. Anything for family." His words fluttered her heart. They made their way inside.

"Shivaay you make yourself comfortable , I'll be right back." Shivaay nodded.

...

"Maa, thank god you are here. Did you bring that?" Anika's mom passed her the box.

"Par bata toh sahi, yeh kyu chahiye?"

"Maa, after the event fursat mein bataungi."

"All the best princess, I'm sure you will win." Her dad wished her taking into hug.

"Thanks dad. Where is Bhai? I'm trying to call him since last half and hour but his phone is switched off!" Anika asked looking around.

"He is stuck with a meeting at the office but don't you worry my dear he will be here in no time."

"Anika puttar.." a voice caught her attention. She looked behind to find Oberoi family standing.

"Dadi".. she touched her feet taking her blessings.

"Jeeti reh puttar. All the best." Dadi wished patting her cheeks.

"Thank you dadi." She greeted others with hug .

"Anika take this your parcel." Pinky passed her the box.

"Thanks maa. You guys please make yourself comfortable. Event is gonna start soon and umm...OmRu aren't here?" Anika asked.

"They took another car, they will be here soon." Jhanvi replied.

"I'll see you around." Anika said before walking backstage towards her crew.

"Shivaay baby, thank you so much for coming here to support me." Anika heard a familiar voice as she made her way towards Shivaay.

"Shivaay" Anika called as she went and stood beside him.

"Anika, meet my best friend Shivaay Singh Oberoi. He is here to support me. " Tia wrapped her hands around his arm making Anika raise her eyebrows.

"Oh! I thought Shivaay is here for me." Anika mumbled looking at him especially at there joined hands.

"Why would he be here for you? Huh!" Tia scrunched her face. Anika tried not to burst out, she maintained her blank face.

"Uh-huh! Shivaay cleared his throat and unwrapped his hands from Tia and moved closer to Anika. I'm here for Anika, my fiance." Shivaay wrapped his hand around her waist. Anika smirked looking at Tia who was now looking all pale.

"Now, if you have got your answer, kindly get out. We need to prepare for the event." Anika entwined their hands and walked away with Shivaay leaving a stunned Tia behind.

"Shivaay go and change into this now .." Anika passed him the clothes.

"Anika this.."

"Yes, it's our engagement outfits. Shivaay it's a long story, I'll tell you afterwards. You go and change first we don't have much time left, I'll also change." He nodded not questioning her.

"Kevin, show Shivaay the changing room and get him ready in next 15 minutes." She ordered her crew member. Shivaay looked at her for a second and then followed Kevin to the room.

.....to be continued.

                                  ***

Who doesn't want Anika to win?

Who is behind all this fiasco?

To know what happens next, Stay tuned.

Precap:- Final Event and Revelations.

       Do read, vote and comment.