CHP:-19

Enjoy reading guys
                                 ***

Anika's heartbeat started raising as it was finally her and Shivaay's turn to walk on the ramp. It wasn't like she hadn't done that before but today she was a bit nervous as she was gonna share stage with Shivaay.

She shrugged off her thoughts as soon as the previous models returned. It was Anika's turn first, held her chin high, she walked out not before sharing an eye-lock with Shivaay. She was welcomed with tons of light flashing on her, she walked effortlessly, her eyes landed on her family and Oberoi family who were sitting together cheering for her. Passing a dazzling smile, she did a pose and walked backstage.

Anika nodded at Shivaay as he walked out. She saw people were surprised seeing Shivaay walking down the ramp.

It was now their turn to walk together on the ramp. As Shivaay came back, he forwarded his hand to which Anika gladly took and both walked out together. Every eye was on them, they looked no less than a power couple. They stopped in middle and Shivaay wrapped his hands around her waist. Giving some pose they stood there as entire team walked behind them.

Everyone present there stood up and gave standing ovation. Anika bowed down a little and they all moved backstage towards their room to get change .

"Mam...we did it!" Shreya tackled Anika into a hug followed by other teammates.

"Yes, all thanks to you guys. Without you all this wouldn't have been possible. She thanked her team. When are the results gonna be announced?" She asked

"After an hour mam." Shravan replied looking at his watch.

"Hmm...you guys can pack up by that time and take some rest and have some snacks. I want everyone present here 10 minutes before results are announced." Everyone nodded and dispersed to get things done.

Anika turned towards Shivaay who was already looking at her. Without speaking she wrapped her arms around his torso taking him aback.

"Thank you so much Shivaay. You literally saved us all from getting disqualified today. I owe you." She mumbled still hugging him while Shivaay akwardly patted her back.

"I know you have questions running around your mind and I will surely answer all of it but before that I just want to get out of this heavy lehenga and change into something comfortable."

"Me too" He agreed and both parted ways to their room to get changed.

...

"Princess, I'm proud of you." Arnav was first one to take Anika in his arms as her and Shivaay made their way towards the table.

"Thanks Bhai and I'm happy you came here on time." Anika broke the hug.

"Wouldn't miss in my dreams too."

"Proud of you dear" Harsh, Anika's dad kissed her forehead.

"Haye meri bacho ko kissi ki nazar lage, kya lag rahe the dono stage pe!" Pinky added taking Anika into a hug.

"Sahi kaha Pinky, nazar ka tikka laga de meri bahu aur Billu ko!" Dadi said patting Anika's cheek.

"Bhabhi, your designs are fabulous. And the last when you and Shivaay bhaiya walked on the ramp, Aag laga di by god!" Rudra excitedly added making everyone chuckle.

"Thank you Rudy."

"Anika beta, abb toh bata why did you guys walked on the ramp wearing your engagement outfit?" Sarika, Anika's mom asked. Maa ki memory ka jawab nahi!

"Actually, the showstoppers Raghav and Palak ghosted us just a few hours before event, we tried contacting them but they didn't respond to our calls and then Shravan came running to me and informed that the dresses of showstoppers were nowhere to be found where as he had personally checked them when we had first arrived here.

I didn't knew what to do, I was literally panicking and then I called Bhai but his phone was switched off and only person that striked was Shivaay. As soon as I called he came here without delaying.

I'm so glad you could make it here Shivaay. "Anika looked at him while speaking.

"Very well done Shivaay. You have grown up to be a gentleman." Shakti patted his back.

"Anika, I did not understand one thing..Omkara spoke gaining everyone's attention.

"What Om?"

"You said when your assistant checked dresses were there and then suddenly just before few hours to event they vanished and also showstoppers not arriving here ! Isn't it strange! It feels as if everything was pre- planned." Om pointed out.

"Yes and also you told that the previous designs you had made were all erased from the folder that was not only saved in Shravan's computer but other coworkers too!" Arnav started connecting dots.

"This means someone is here , present in this event who doesn't want Bhabhi to win!" Rudra concluded.

"Who might be that person and what enmity does he/she has with Anika?" Tej asked.

"Anika do you have any idea who can do such low thing?" Arnav waited for her to answer.

"Ummm...no one Bhai and it can be someone's plotting against me but I want us to forget about this incident here please." She added making everyone shock.

"But Bhabhi, he/she should be punished. What if they repeat something like this in future too?" Rudra tried making her understand.

"I know what you are trying to say Rudy but just think from other perspective, once the culprit is been found he/she might have to face consequences which can be as bad as getting banned from Fashion Industry and I don't want something like this to happen with that person as he/she after so much efforts, hardwork are able to stand here. " Anika completed.

Elder Oberoi's were proud of their daughter in law. She was a gem in a person. Omkara's eyes held respect for her Bhabhi, he had never met such selfless person in his life.

Arnav just kissed her forehead expressing that he is proud of her. Harsh and Sarika, Anika's parents looked at each other with smile and nodded.

Shivaay stood there silent watching the scene unfold, somewhere his respect for Anika had increased twice but he wasn't going to spare the person who tried ruining her career. That person needs to learn a lesson for lifetime.

"Ladies and Gentlemen may I have your attention please, results are gonna be declared in next 10 minutes, so kindly take your seat please." Host announced. Anika quickly walked back stage where her team was, she closed her eyes praying all mighty to let the best win.

"Now, now, before the results are declared..I would like to clear a confusion of few of our guest present here. So, we were asked that the event theme is Summer Collection then why was every team consisting a pair wearing India Wedding outfits?" Murmurs were heard around as few of them now realised.

"I see many of you now recognised that there were Indian outfits presented in between. So, at every event, there is a plot twist. Every team is informed about a bonus task just 5 days prior the event. And this year the bonus task was to design the Indian outfit. So, I hope your confusion is cleared and with that we move on to declare the winner tonight.

I request judges to come upon the stage and announce our Summer Collection Winner. " Host declared.

...screen paused.

.... To be continued.

                                ***

Will Anika win?

What do you think about Anika's decision of not finding the culprit and punishing him/her? Do you agree with her? If not, what do you think she should do instead?

         Do read, vote and comment.