𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

A/N: Bold and underline means they are speaking in a different language

°°°°°°°°

After our four-hour flight, Aleksandr and I finally reached Haiti and I couldn't be more excited. From the moment we stepped out of the plane, I could feel the shift in the air.

I let go of Aleksandr's hand and rushed out to hug my mom waiting for us at the gate. My cousin who was next to her went to help Aleksandr with the luggage.

"Manmi," I squeal, pulling her into a tight hug. "I missed you."

"It takes a man for you to come back to your country," She scowls, already starting.

" You know that's not true," I say walking back and holding Aleksandr's hand. "This is Aleksandr, my boyfriend. We started dating a few weeks after you left for vacation." I lied.

"Nice to meet you Aleksandr," My mom says extending her hand and Aleksandr takes it and kissed it like she was a queen.

Before I could tell my mom that Aleksandr would not be doing much talking. She comments, "You're a Sokolov, right? The mute CEO?"

To my surprise Aleksandr doesn't nod, "Selective mutism ma'am, it's nice to finally meet you."

"For a man with such a beautiful voice, I don't know why you hide it." Mom comments, smirking at him.

I watch the exchange and how Aleksandr's cheeks heated up at her compliment.

Really?

" The car is ready," My cousin says interrupting us.  I'm not really that close to him because of the age and continent difference. Mom says that he is just here as a form of punishment from my aunt, explaining his attitude.

We walk back to the car, Aleksandr and I sit in the back. My mom and I pointed at different and places the drive back to the house, explaining them to Aleksandr. He was captivated and took in every word we said, even asking some questions of his own.

"Aleksandr you seem like a man that knows what he wants," My mom starts. Oh no. " Why haven't you propose to my daughter yet?"

"Manmi!!"

Aleksandr smiles at my mothers' question and my reaction. "I actually proposed to her the moment I fell for her, but I decided to go slow so I wouldn't accidentally make her run away."

"So I see you know about her commitment issues?"

"MOMMMM"

"Am I lying?"

I stay quiet and ignore the laughter coming from my mom, my cousin, and annoyingly, my boyfriend.

We finally reach the house, Aleksandr steps out of the car and opens the door for my mom. Ignoring me.