𝚂𝚒𝚡

Once again, what the hell am I doing?

After Angel walked into her building, I drove to my therapist. That's on the other side of the city. My therapist sat in front of me reading some files and looking at me with a raised brow. 

Mom probably told them about the party. 

"So you spoke in public?" They asked, taking down their notepad to record anything. I give them a simple nod and stare at the painting above them. 

Like I told Angel, the only time I truly spoke was to my dogs. Sometimes when we're alone, I'll occasionally speak to my mom, just short sentences and I love you's, I speak to Mia once every blue moon, my little cousins, and godchildren when they're not around their parents. I accomplished that after years of therapy, and since I never changed therapists I occasionally speak to them. 

Speaking to Angel, was shocking to me. Not only sis I speak to her, but I also did it in public. Her comment about my so-called 'uncle' irritated me to the core that I didn't even realize what I did until I heard my mother's voice. 

The car ride away from the house was quiet, I was waiting for her teasing but she stayed quiet. Through the end of the ride, I felt someone clutching my arm out of nowhere, when I looked down it was her. She fell asleep and was using my arm like it was a teddy bear, her nails wrapping around my arm. I didn't mind, I event thought about how comforting it would be if she did it all the time. 

Waking her up was impossible, and since one of my penthouses was close I took her there instead. The struggle she put when I tried to remove her body on me so I could get us out of the car almost made me want to stay in the car with her and sleep.

Even laying on the bed and leaving was a struggle, her arms hooked around my neck and pulled me on top of her. Not staying next to her was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but looking back at it, that was the best choice especially with how she called me her kidnapper. 

"Mr. Sokolov," My therapist's voice brings me out of my deep thoughts. "Did you hear what I said?" 

I shake my head. 

"Do you want to tell me about the girl?"

I shrug. Not sure if I really should be talking about Angel to my therapist. 

"Mr. Sokolov, I love how dedicated you are to therapy and how you never miss an appointment, but I need you to work with me here," They said putting down their notepad and looking at me. 

I stay silent, debating on what to say.

"I don't know where to start," I tell them truthfully. "I just got annoyed and didn't think."

They write down some notes, nodding. The rest of the appointment was pretty boring and soon enough I was back to my main office, ready for the next meeting for today.