𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Rich

Rich. 

That's the only way I could describe his voice. His voice was husky and strong. Smooth like silk while also tough, and rich. Not the voice you expect someone who barely speaks to have. I look into his eyes, mine wide with shock and his still filled with anger and mixed emotions. realizing what he just said. 

Do not test me, Angel

Such simple words got me and my dying crush on him rising from the dead. The way his name fell out of his lips as if it was made for just him to say. 

"Aleksandr, did you just speak?" His mother's voice breaks the eye contact between us. Realizing what he did, Aleksandr quickly pulls away from me out of shock and looks back at his mother. 

"First you got him to take off his glasses, and now he's speaking, You must really be an Angel." His uncle said smirking at us. Aleksandr looks at me with a straight face, not paying attention to the crowd. 

Noticing he was uncomfortable and a bit mad, I quickly take his glasses out of my purse and hand them to him. Mumbling an apology before facing his mother, who was still staring at us in shock. 

"Something happened at home, sorry for leaving in such a rush." I lied, taking Aleksandr's hand again and following him out in a more obedient manner. 

After entering the car, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I look over at Aleksandr, his jaw clenched as he focuses on the road. I say nothing, replaying his voice in my mind over and over again. 

I can't believe he spoke. I know selective mutism means that the person still can speak, but the fact that he did it in public in front of all these people is unbelievable. 

Thirty minutes pass and I decided to open my mouth 

"Sorry for the glasses, I forgot to give them back." 

Nothing, no reaction. 

"Sorry for not leaving peacefully as you wanted." 

Nothing. 

"Sorry for flirting with your uncle?" I tried. 

He takes a deep breath but gave no more reaction. 

"Am I fired?" I asked softly. 

No reaction. 

"Come on, you already spoke to me, giving me a silent treatment is useless," I exclaim, annoyed that I'm being ignored. I know I was annoying but that doesn't mean he gets to act like I don't exist. 

"Fine." I huff and look outside, it was getting dark but the lights still made it possible to see everything. 

"You're not fired," He says, I snap my head back at him in shock and blink, making sure I didn't imagine it.

"Why? You speak now," I said still processing his voice. 

"I always spoke, just not to people. You signed the contract, you still work for me."