𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"Come again?" I ask the man in front of me, the sound from the bar drowns away as I focus on him

"Marry Me," He says again, eyes not leaving me mines.

"Why?" I entertained.

"My mom loves you," He says casually, his voice putting me in a trance.

"Why should I say yes?" I ask, entertaining him.

Mentally I scowl at myself for doing so, I don't know if its because of his voice, or the way he looks at me but I can't look away. I look into his eyes, one eye blind with no pupil and the other one brown and hypnotizing watching my every movement.

"You want a carefree life with no labor, I can provide that for you. I will even get you, your own island." He reasons. I take a long drink from the glass in front of me.

"Deal."

"Really?" Now it was his turn to ask in total shock. I don't blame him, we literally had a whole conversation about my inability to commit, and here I was accepting his wedding proposal.

"Yeah, I mean why not? I could never stay in a relationship long enough for marriage to be mentioned, my mother's been on my ass, and I get an island."

What am I doing? Maybe I should've taken time drinking my bloody mary.

Aleksandr keeps looking at me, deep in thought before he gives me a nod.

" But," I continue. "Let's talk about this when there's no alcohol in our system because it does seem crazy."

"I'm not going to change my mind Ms. Adams, but I will give you that choice. Are you ready to go?"

I give him a small nod and get up, stumbling a little. Aleksandr gets up, stands next to me, and hovers his hand around my waist, not necessarily touching me but making sure I don't fall. He leaves the cash on the table and we walk out, ignoring the looks we were receiving.

A tall man, almost Aleksandr height greeted up at the door. He walked us to a limo, and Aleksandr and I entered the back.

"You are so dramatic," I slur a bit, the scene getting a little blurry but I was still able to function. "A limo, really?"

"When I told him to pick us up, I was not expecting that. I swear," He answers with an eye roll, a bit flushed.

I hum at that, closing my eyes for a bit. The ride home is not that far, all I have to do is stay awake but it was getting hard. I glance at Aleksandr his eyes were closed.

Did he fall asleep?

"I can feel you staring," He says not opening his eyes. "I was blind for ten years, I know when someone is starring."

" Sorry," I said averting my eyes and looking around the limo.

Soon enough we arrived home and Aleksandr helped me to my door. His eyes were still closed, apparently, they were hurting due to the lights, and yet he still managed to bring me to the right place.

"Thank you for tonight," I slur out ready to close my door. "Have a goodnight Mr. Sokolov."

He opens his eyes and once more I feel stuck. "Thank you for the company Ms. Adams, I'll see you soon."

With that, he walked off and I watch him go before screaming out, "Text me when you get home safely,"

I close my door and go to my room. After fighting off sleep to do my nightly routine, I fall on my bed and let sleep consume me.

°°°°°°

I look at the phone in front of me. The messages from ten minutes ago still lighting up, the events of last night ringing in my head.

Let's discuss last night at my house today- Mr. Sokolov

I'm nursing a hangover, I don't want to leave the house :( - Me

I'll come. Be there in twenty- Mr. Sokolov

I was just joking about the hangover. I just wanted to avoid him a bit more and just sleep in. Roxanne left early today because she took on extra shifts so I didn't need to worry about that.

He'll be there in ten minutes, in my apartment talking about the proposal. The one I agreed to.

Great Job Angel, you can never be in a long-term relationship and here you are agreeing to this proposal.

After a few more minutes of overthinking, my doorbell rings. Taking a few more deep breaths, I walk to the door and open it.

Wow.

There was Aleksandr Sokolov standing in all his glory, in sweatpants. His hair tousled up in a messy but cute manner, and his glasses covering his tired face.

"Come in," I manage out and step to the side he gives me a lazy smile as a greeting and bends down slightly to enter.

Again, Wow.

"Would you like something to eat?" I ask, closing the door behind me.

He shakes his head and keeps his eyes fixed on me, watching my every movement. I walk and sit down on the sofa, he follows me and sits on the chair across from me, still watching me and not saying anything.

Awkward.

"Look about last nig-"

"I was serious, and I do want to marry you." He says for the first time, cutting me off.

"Oh," I said and look back down. "Can I ask why again?"

"My mother wants me to settle down,"

"Why me?"

"You are smart, professional, beautiful, and my mother likes you." He says bluntly. I look down at his compliment, hiding my smile.

"But," He continues. "I'm not forcing you, if you say no I am completely okay with that. You will not be fired."

I stay quiet and think about every word he said. My mom also wants me to marry and the fact that I am not forced to say yes, makes me want to say yes. Plus he is an important and rich man, marrying him could just be on paper and then I will be free to do whatever I want.

"I'll marry you," I speak up. "But not right off the bat, it would not make sense to everyone else."

"What do you suggest?" He asks, taking off his glasses and making eye contact with me.

"Since our cover-up was already friends, we can now claim to be dating for a few more months and then you can properly propose," I say, averting his eyes. Beautiful or not, I am not in the mood to get hypnotized by those eyes.

"You really are an intelligent woman," He says looking at me in awe.

I give him a small smile. "Thank you, I'll make sure to tell my therapist that."

He chuckles at my comment, making me more at ease. "You tell your therapist about me?"

"I do, you should feel extremely lucky," I joke. "I don't tell Rhea about men in my life like that."

"Thank you for such honor, Ms. Adams, I'll make sure to mention you to my therapist also."

Why was that so romantic?

"Thank you, Mr. Sokolov, I love the appreciation," I reply to him. "Where do you want to go for our first date?"

"I'll be in charge Ms. Adams, as for your original job would you like to still attend, or are you bored?" He says, the tone of his voice being undetectable.

"I'm not bored of the job yet, but I am bored now. Let's go do something now." I said getting up and walking towards my room. "Wait for me, let me change into something more comfortable."