𝚃𝚠𝚘

Aleksandr Sokolov

Aleksandr Sokolov. Modern-day Russian Prince. He's not a literal prince but with his looks and money, he might as well be royalty. 

He inherited his parents' airport business which, believe it or not, brings in a lot of money. He also owns lots of restaurants and stocks from major companies.

He is skilled with both sword and pen. His artwork from his college days is displayed in famous museums and his modeling pictures are on teenagers' walls. 

Despite face blindness and selective mutism, which he was surprisingly open to sharing with the world given that celebrities tend to hide their disabilities, he managed to make it to the top.

He is known for his philanthropic work and famous  "Sokolov Family Scholarship" which, embarrassingly put me through college. Without that scholarship, I would have never been able to go to college and make it out without any student debt. 

Senior year of college I wrote him a letter, thanking him and even as far as claiming to be in his debt. 

Now that same Aleksandr Sokolov is sitting at a table where I work at. And I'm his waitress. 

What a beautifully small world. 

I told Roxanne about him and even went as far as having a small crush on him, which of course did not last long because of the type of person I am. He most likely doesn't know who I am but, a small part of me, the part that loves adventure prays that he somehow figures it out. 

I place the drinks in front of the men, leaving his for last. Staying there a few seconds longer than needed, observing his face before pulling away before anyone noticed my behavior. 

"Is there anything else I can do for you gentlemen?" I ask, looking at him as he takes a sip of the drink and nods approvingly, making me smile with glee. 

"Uh yes," Kyle spoke up, drawing my attention away from Aleksandr. "What kind of entertainment does his place offer?" 

"Karaoke, music request, and television sir," I answer pointing at different parts of the building.

"Do you sing karaoke?" He urges on raising a brow. 

"The mics are for customers only," I lie.

"Sing for us sweetheart," Kyle asks, the rest of the males, excluding Aleksandr, cheer on. 

I look at him and back at Kyle. "I don't sing gentlemen, I apologize." 

Before Kyle could argue back, Aleksandr raise his hand another time signaling them all to stop. I give a smile of appreciation before walking off. 

I walk back to Roxanne and sit next to her, watching the gentlemen who were focused on their own conversations. Joking around and having fun while Aleksandr was focused on a table in front of him, writing some things down.