Chapter 49 - The Cursed Realm : Part One

Start from the beginning

"No. He will not leave the Realm Crystal unguarded until his master is freed." Sensei said.

"But even with our powers back, he's seen all of our moves." Cole said.

Kai smirked. He pushed Nya forward. "Then we'll show him something he hasn't: a Water Ninja."

"But I've just started my training. I haven't even found my True Potential." Nya argued.

"Nya, when our parents passed, you were there for me. Now, I'm here for you." Kai told her firmly.

"He's right. She's our greatest weapon." Cole said.

Zane stepped forward in his mech. "And as brother sharpens brother, the same goes for a sister."

Both Lloyd and Nya thought of Lucy.

"Our greatest power isn't what we can throw at him. It's what we have right here. A united team, sure we're missing someone but — we don't have time to find her." Lloyd said, internally hating himself for not going out and finding his sister. "We can handle it ourselves."

"So, what do you think, Nya?" Sensei said. "Are you ready to lead them into battle?"

"I'm in. But if they know we're coming straight for them, how about we show them not every path is a straight line?" said Nya, determined.

"Intrigued. Do you have a plan?" Zane asked.

"I'll explain on the way."

With Wu and Misako distracting Morro, Kai is dressed as a civilian, passing out food to some very hungry Ghosts.

"I'm starving." "I'm deadly hungry." "Give me food." "I want burgers." "I'm just—so good." The ghosts were saying.

Kai spoke quietly into his communication device. "Anyone have eyes on the Realm Crystal?"

Zane spoke, hidden on a roof. "It appears to be inside what used to be Ronin's pawnshop in the center of town. Morro's there, and it's highly guarded."

Jay was at the docks, he jumped onto a box as it was lifted up.

"Do you think we can get Lloyd in there to destroy it? I don't know if we'll pull Morro away long enough."

Cole was hidden in an alley.

"Yeah, well, that's the plan. Everyone in position?"

Kai nodded. "Let's do this."

The green Ninja was below him under the wood of the streets. They shared a look and Kai went back to the hungry ghosts.

"Tea, anyone?" Kai held a kettle.

"Yes, please." A ghost said.

Kai moved to pour it into his cup only to pour it on him. "Uh, oh."

"You fool!" The ghosts chase him, allowing the green Ninja to climb out and move on.

"Hey, move back!" Jay, still on the crate, was lowered down and he called down to the ghosts who moved out of the way. "Thanks!"

The green Ninja continued on.

Zane 'accidentally' dropped a bucket of water, almost splashing two Ghosts. "Oh!"

"Watch it!" The Ghosts glared at him.

"Sorry. It slipped." Zane apologised.

Some Ghosts dance to music played with a phonograph. Cole possessed the phonograph and sped up the music, making them dance faster.

The green Ninja ran past and then the Ghost Dragon roared, signalling it spotted them.

Running through the streets, they got stopped by Soul Archer.