𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟓

Start from the beginning

I nodded.

The next thing I knew, we were already flying over the academy. My lips stretched into a wide smile as I looked down at the view beneath us. I never knew so much flat-land surrounded the academy. 

Currently, it was 7:00 pm, so it was still bright outside. The area surrounding the academy looked like a painting - the colours were blended so beautifully. 

"This is cool." I giggled and turned to look at Xavier, who was already staring at me with a soft gaze.

Turning back to look at the view, my smile lingered on my lips. A few minutes later, we were flying over the city. I always knew London was so big, but looking at it from this view was remarkable.

Once we landed at London Heliport, I took off my seatbelt and Xavier was fast enough to open the door for me. He reached his hand for mine and I obliged - his fingers wrapped around it tenderly. 

"I must say, you're a really good pilot." I praised once I stood beside him.

He placed his hand on the small of my back and looked down at me. "I know", he responded with a grin. 

Xavier then led me towards a black Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut and my eyes widened with my mouth ajaring. 

"That's a Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut", I said, mesmerised, while admiring the car. I looked up at Xavier, who was already looking down at me with a simple smile on his handsome face.

"Want to drive it?", he offered with keen eyes as they awaited for my reaction, which was my eyes enlarging even more to the point they may just pop out of it's sockets any second.

"Are you serious??", I squealed with a wide smile on my face and Xavier just stared at me with a soft emotion coating his face.

His answer was just handing me over the SMART key. Once I held it in the palm of my hand, I grinned and looked up at Xavier.

"You have a thing for Koenigsegg's?"

He easily mirrored my smirk. "I have a thing for the girl, who has a thing for Koenigsegg's."

"Wow", I exaggerated, chuckling. 

His warm hand that rested on my lower back, suddenly pushed me towards him. With our bodies deliciously close, he whispered, "What makes you think I didn't buy this car for you?"

I blinked. "For me or to impress me?", I questioned and narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Both", he answered right away and I smiled.

"If you did do that - then I'll say you've spent a lot of money impressing girls." I chuckled, but his face fell serious. 

"Not as much as I've spent and would spend on you", he said and hell, I knew he meant it. "I wouldn't spend money just to impress you because there's something so different about you. I think it takes a lot more than money to impress you."

"You really think that?"

"You're not worth money, Kristine. You're worth much more."

❇❇❇

The feeling of excitement rushed through me when I drove the Koenigsegg. I followed the GPS on the screen that Xavier set up, and it led us to a South Bank Tower. My eyebrows furrowed, South Bank Tower was a high rise apartment building. 

"You have a unit in South Bank Tower?", I asked once Xavier opened the passenger car door. 

"Correct", he said and stepped out. I followed after and walked to stand beside Xavier. He placed his hand on the small of my back and held his hand out for the SMART key. I placed it in his palm and he passed it to a male dressed in a formal grey suit, who I assume is one of his drivers. I gave him a small smile as we walked past, just to be polite.