Chapter 5

___________________________________

Reign White
________________________

Nicholas took out our suitcases from the trunk, as we got out of the car. The mansion was beautiful, surrounded by neatly trimmed trees, and a rocky pathway all the way to the main door.

It gave off a homely feeling, and looked sophisticated without losing the aura of magnificence.

"You have a beautiful house, Nicholas."

"It's just a house, Reign. What really matters are the people inside." Nicholas replied, and I looked at him in slight surprise.

Out of all the scenarios I had thought of our father's and my relationship, this was one of the unlikeliest ones. Nicholas was nothing like his father, or his uncle Houston. This led me to believe that his personality was like his late mother.

"It really does. And I'm thankful you believe that, Nicholas." I replied softly as he gave me a smile, and the three of us walked towards the entrance as River kept grumbling to himself.

River had been frustrated since I told him about us moving in with the Cavanaughs, and he had long been dissatisfied with my decision.

I took his hand into mine as he stopped in his tracks, looked at me in astonishment, and tightened his hold on mine. This was entirely against my nature, but for some reason, I felt the need to comfort him.

Nicholas opened the door as we entered a dimly lit hallway, eventually walking into the living room, where the rest of the creatures of our family were.

A black haired guy was sitting on the couch, flipping through a book, while a blonde fellow was talking on the phone, when both of them noticed us and widened their eyes.

They stopped whatever both of them were doing, keeping their things away and the blonde one walked inside, probably to call the others outside.

River stood, looking impatient, as he scrolled through his phone. I narrowed my eyes at him, and took the phone out of his hands. He looked at me with a small glare, and started sulking. The corners of my mouth twitched at his behaviour, and handed the phone back to him.

I turned back to the people who were enjoying our exchange, which included our father, two identical black haired guys, the blonde dude who was pulling another brunette behind him, who had chocolate spread all over his mouth. Nicholas cleared his throat, and looked at them.

"Reign, River, this is Ethan –" he introduced, pointing towards the blonde guy, " –This is Creed –" he said, pointing towards the black haired guy with the book, "–That's Caden with flour in his head, and this is Adri– Adrian?! What are you doing here?!" Nicholas asked the brunette with the chocolate face.

Adrian crept behind Ethan and looked at all of us with a sheepish grin.

"Hey, my favourite uncle! It's been ages since –" 

"It was last night, Adrian."

"–Since we saw each other! By the way, where are my baby cousins?" He asked as he as he almost flew towards us.

"Which part of evening don't you understand, Adrian?" Nicholas asked in exasperation, and Adrian's grin widened, if that was even possible.

"All of it, uncle, isn't that obvious?" He replied, and stepped forward to hug us, but I took a step ahead, and stuck my hand out in front of him.

"Hello Adrian, I'm Reign. It's a pleasure." I said in a polite tone.

His smile vanished, his ice cold eyes stared at me, as if looking deep into my soul, before returning back to the previous goofy smile. I wouldn't be Rei (king) if I didn't know my dear cousin wasn't easy.

"Aww, you are adorable! I'm Adrian, your best cousin! And you must be River. My man, give me a hug!" He said, and came a step forward to hug River, but River didn't move a muscle.

"Hello? River, come on bro, give me a hug!" Adrian almost whined, as River finally looked at him.

"There is no need to repeat yourself, I ignored you just fine the first time, cousin." River replied.

Adrian pouted and tilted his head at him. "Aren't you a ray of sunshine? But you are equally adorable, like a kitten fighting with a baby! Anyway, Caden and I've baked an amazing cake. It should be done in a few minutes!" He gushed excitedly, as Caden nodded eagerly.

"Yup, made it ourselves. Anyway, little ones, I'm Caden. You can come to me if you need anything." He said, and stuck out his hand.

River wasn't going to shake it, as his hands were stuffed inside his pockets, so I stepped in.

"Pleasure, Caden." I replied, as he looked into my eyes deeply, and gave a light smile.

"The pleasure is all mine, little ones."
_______________________________________

Adrian stepped out of the living room, his face cold and expressionless, as he clicked a picture of the twins, and sent it to his best friend and cousin.

Elena Cavanaugh, the eldest daughter of Noelle Cavanaugh, Nicholas Cavanaugh's elder sister, sat in her room, when her phone pinged, indicating an incoming message.

She looked at the picture sent by her cousin brother, as she smiled and looked outside her window, as she whispered the words that finally began it all.

"It finally began, Rei (king)."
_

______________________________________
________

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading!
Hope you enjoyed!

Vote
Comment
Share!

–Book_vampire2131.