Chapter 2

While the females left to the dorms upstairs, getting the new team member acquainted with her new room, the boys of Young Justice sat in their living room. Wally waltzing around teasing Dick for the way he looked at the new girl.

"So Rob! My man! You like felines now or somethin'? Cat got your tongue?" Wally comments at his friends' stoic impression, "Get it? Cause you're a bird and she's a cat and-"
The glare was prominent behind the boys domino mask as he turned to him. "Sorry." 

"Not funny Wally." He says with annoyance. The two were friends but boy did Richard hate Wally's teasing. Wally scoffs at the weak attempt to get his mouth to stop the verbal assault. He never stops, even when it's obvious he should.

"Dude, you are definitely having some feeling about her! She's hot, cute, did I mention Hot? I-"  The headache he was giving Dick was horrible.

"Look, it's literally been two hours. Please think about something BESIDES sexualizing the new girl. Thanks." Dick stated strongly. But, it wasn't like Wally was wrong. She was very pretty but really? That's the only thing a guy is worried about these days? We're young and have more important things to do besides crushing on the new face. No matter how Robin felt at the moment. He just met her. She could be odd, unbearable, even a total stick in the mud. She could worry more about makeup than her own health. Yuck.

Both Connor and Kaldur were in the kitchen, the eyes of the underwater hero witnessed the entire exchange between Robin and Kid Flash

Both Connor and Kaldur were in the kitchen, the eyes of the underwater hero witnessed the entire exchange between Robin and Kid Flash. Silent and eyeing them both. He wouldn't be the one to admit it, but he did love hearing the gossip he now had access to. Though, he would never admit that to anyone.

Aqualad, with a glass raised to his lips, quenched his thirst. He smiled to himself slightly. Connor holding a deep scowl as always, lost in his own conflicting thoughts. The Superboy just eyed the room, he had his own problems. He did not need to hear all of this.

"Robin has a girlfriend, robin has a girl-" The chant was cut short as Richard slapped a hand over his sort of best friends' mouth, clenched tightly as he heard the faint footsteps of multiple coming down the stairs.

Down the stairs and in walks the culprits. M'gann, Artemis and Kyle in that order. They looked as if they'd have had plenty of time to prod at Jade's mind but not nearly enough as they wanted.

"Well, since I haven't been really able to talk to you all, and get familiarized, I'd like to now if you all don't mind?" Jade's voice was soft, she was a bit sweeter in her tone of voice than earlier. As if she rehearsed it. Her smile panned the room and may have rested a little longer on Robin than planned. He noticed immediately. Jade reminded him a lot of Selina. She looked as if she was full of secrets, a lot.

Kaldur, being the polite one as always, wears a smile as he greets Jade. He was always proper when it fake to introductions, that much was positive.