Chapter 4

"Begin!" Black Canary boomed.

Just as that happened, Jade was quick to dodge Artemis's attack. The rookie kicked under legs and the blonde slammed into the ground. She recovered quickly as Jade pounced.

"Up!" Canary barked at them. The archer quickly got to her feet and threw out a flurry of punches. Jade tried to dodge as many as she could, the last hit getting lucky. Artemis clipped her jaw, a small crack could be heard as the Cat shook off the hit. Artemis made distance between the two of them in the meantime.

"Catgirl, Act!" Canary yelled out. She needed to see what the girl was made of.  Catgirl ran at her, as Artemis went for a hit, the young girl power slid between her attacker's legs, sending a surprised Artemis to the ground as she stood behind her. Jade viciously kicked her in the back.

She tripped forward and turned back to the rookie. She was a heavy hitter, that was for sure. Her hits connected with Jade's body enough to wind the girl. Quickly enough Jade dodged the last assault, grabbing the arm outstretched and twisting it behind Artemis who began to grit her teeth as the pain worsened. Catgirl packed quite a punch.

A blaring alarm went off, distracting all the members. They separated from each other, intrigued to hear what news came to them. Black Canary went over to the holographic screen. One that Jade never noticed was there in the first place. Seriously, when did this happen?

With a press of a button, Batman came up on the screen. He was quick to the point with the problem at hand.

"Young Justice, there are some strange and unclear players but the game right now. The whole league is split up at the moment, trying to handle the situation. I am light on information to share, mainly because there isn't much to go off of and it'd best to keep you in the dark when it comes to this sort of large scale threat. We need you guys to go undercover, we believe there are ties to this threat in Gotham City. Specifically, Gotham City Public High School." He shared.

"We could help on a larger scale!" Robin argued which only made Batman pinch the bridge of his masked nose. There was evidence that the Dark Knight was in fact, injured. Some minor scuffs on the uniform, a bit of dried blood which could be anyone's who unfortunately came in contact with him.

"No Robin. The best decision is to keep you guys undercover and reporting your findings to us. This is a dangerous situation the league can handle. You are all still training and beginning this fight would be suicide. I don't think you all are ready to be a larger asset at the moment, however don't assume this recon is child's play. Right now, it's imperative that you go undercover and head to Gotham. You will be staying in a reserved location. Your guardian will be a friend of mine." He said, which only raised more suspicion. What was so important? What are they even looking for? It's a high school. Are they gonna discover what's in the mystery meat?

"Who?" Robin asked with crossed arms.

"Well, Catwoman lives less than a block from said location. You all shall live in the same building. She is being entrusted with keeping you all safe." Batman stated.

"So, what you're saying is I can have that fantasy dream where I'm having a pillow fight with the girls? With just me? They're feeding me chicken w-" Wally was cut off from his daydream by a fierce slap on the arm from Artemis.

"No, Kid Flash. Boys and Girls will be separated. You shall all attend this public school as exchange students. You will be there until you have completed your task." Batman spoke in his usual tone. Dark and brooding. As per usual.

"Dang, so close." Wally muttered which earned a loud and hard slap from Artemis on the back of the head.

"Ow!" He yelped as she glared at him.