Chapter 1

Many random buildings went past in a blur, as the vehicle left the hustle and bustle behind. She was living Gotham City. The city was something Jade was stuck with. It was filthy, full of crime, and money was being made in the largest buildings to the corners of Gotham. Everyone, was making or losing. It was a vicious world, but an even more terrifying city was within it. But it was home. It was what she grew up in and what made her act the way she did. In a way, she wished nothing more than to stay there.

Alfred, her driver and Batman's butler, was with her. Majority of their ride was silent and long. Pennyworth tried to make conversation but Jade was just like her Aunt. She was short with replies and enjoyed catnaps. Which she took almost the entire ride. However, the anxiety of leaving her playground of crime was starting to itch at her. This was new terrain, and this kitty was a long way from home.

Eventually, the city was long past. Jade's long black hair was messy from her constant fidgeting in her nap. Her sleepy eyes kept scrunching and twitching as her hands raked through the mass of deep black tresses. She never slept a whole night, or even a nap, without having some sort of nightmare or bad dream. They always revolved around her father, whom Jade never knew and Selina never spoke about. Something haunted her about not knowing her parents. As if, it was burdening her existence. Which makes sense, and probably was the reason she was constantly butting heads with her Aunt Selina.

Another possibility was that maybe, it was just first day jitters. In a way, Jade Kyle was afraid. These were people she never met before and the only people her age she'd be around constantly. She was never the type for crowds. However, she was constantly followed by them. A girl like Jade, like Selina, tends to be popular.

Being so lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize they had stopped at the mount until Alfred Pennyworth, opened the slick black door. He stood there, waiting, even with a smile. He became fond of the girl, he had only met her a handful of times, but she was quite polite to him. She was easier to deal with than young master Grayson.

The green eyes of hers squinted, the sun's light cascading over the greenery that was shielded in a blanket of warm golden hues. She stretched in the back seat, a satisfying crack heard when she twisted side to side. The outfit she wore was cute, almost exact to her Aunt's. It was just very uncomfortable to catnap in.

"Thank you." The black haired girl kindly said as he gave a wider smile and a quick nod. He was always a bit on the quiet side, but at times like these, Jade appreciated it. She was terribly nervous. Climbing out the backseat, one heeled boot after the other.

She looked around and settled on a cloaked black figure. There stood the man himself, Batman in all his gloomy and dark glory. He was much taller than Jade, but she was always confident in her mind that her Aunt, could whip him in a heartbeat. He was good, but Selina? She was just better. The feline nervously swallowing as my throat began to close up and become dry. The anxiety was building up inside. He was more terrifying in his suit. He was just spooky, and it wasn't even Halloween!

"Finally. You can meet them in here, don't touch anything." His rough and deep voice shook Ms. Kyle at her core. The only reply she could muster was a quick excessive nod, while the words couldn't form. She really needed to work on that confidence.

The black layered materials she donned felt suffocating as Jade sucked in a sharp breath, the goggles that sat on her chest loosely were twitching from the tremble in it. However, There was a small sliver of confidence knowing Bruce had faith in her, that she could join this team and be a hero and grow like his protégé had. A lot was riding on this.
Selina didn't want her niece to live a life of crime. She wanted to give her 'kitten' a chance and she of all people, could make the dark knight grow soft enough to allow her that.