Chapter 12

Jade stared at the large clock on the wall. She was itching to leave this class, to get to cheer practice. She was given back her spot on the team, and today they were having tryouts for the new transfers. M'gann wanted to be on the team so badly.

As soon as the bell rang, Jade was up and out of her seat. She was rushing to the locker room to get changed. The excitement was almost too much for her. Almost.

As she entered the locker room, she noticed no one was there yet. Odd. Considering sixth period is when all the sports on Campus got dressed and headed out. What was the hold up? It was then that she heard the cries. Soft whimpers coming from the shower stalls.

She took a defensive stance. Something was wrong. Her feet made no noise as she crept up to the one drawn shut curtain there. The black figure behind it was weeping in a small puddle of water.

Her hand reached out, her heart hammered in her chest. She gripped the curtain and tugged it open to reveal-

Megan.

The shock settled in, "Oh my god! M'gann! Are you okay? What happened?" She crouched down and held onto her teammate.

"T-The boys they... they-" She hiccuped. Her cries prominent. "P-Pulled up my skirt and-and"

Jade shushed her. The anger fueling her up. Gotham High was a sick place, just like the city. Preying on those who were just like Megan. Innocent. "I got it. I need a name. Or what he looks like. Give it, now." She demanded. Her hands brushing Megan's hair.

"T-This boy he has brown curls and he's leather jacket he's outside on the field." She managed to get out. Jade stood. She knew exactly who that was. She was beyond livid.

She pulled Megan up, just as the other girls began to file into the locker room. Wiping her tears, Artemis came in. Her eyes went wide at Megan's puffy eyes.

"What happened?"

"Stay with her, make sure she gets ready for practice. I got something to take care of." Catgirl grit as she slammed open the doors and headed for the field.

The overcast sky did not do a very good job of hiding the redness of her face. She was boiling. In the distance she can see the culprit. A male, he was an upperclassmen. One who was in fact, whistling at her this morning.

She could make out his figure behind the metal slats of the guest side bleachers. He was someone she recognized. He did not play sports. He was just a druggie who hung out under the bleachers. Not that big of a threat, but a threat to her friends. Now, the Martian was very capable of defending herself, but her soft heart made things hard. Especially with such a large crowd at Gotham High. The school was ridiculously overpopulated and it wasn't the nicest place around. He had assaulted Megan and Jade was not letting that go unpunished.

"Hey!" She barked at him, his three friends looked over at her. Intrigued at how Jade Kyle was speaking to them. She was easily one of the prettier girls at school, to some, she was the prettiest. Boys even were attracted to her guardian Selina. Not surprising.

"What's good, kitty?" He stepped towards her, bringing his hand up to flick the bell around her neck. Making it tinkle slightly. Her eyes narrowed on him. The veins in her hands prominent as she balled her fists.

"You better watch who the fuck you're talking to, scum." She snapped, smacking him across the face with such force he stumbled back. "How dare you put a hand on a girl like that. On any female for that matter. Gotham is such a shithole and they won't do shit about it, so I am."

She was scary, her small form was radiating an aura of complete and utter chaos. The bleachers did well to cover up the assault Jade was performing. She knew damn well she was gonna get away with this.

"What the fuck?! You think you can just get away with that?" He yelled at her, grabbed her by the hair as his two friends reluctantly jumped in. Trying to grab at her clothes. This just fueled her emotions. These boys easily have sexually assaulted others on campus.

"Oh, fuck off." She said with such annoyance as she shoved his friend into the other, aggressive kicking him in the side. There was a bruise ready forming as she nailed him with a kick to the mouth. She didn't care if he was down, she was gonna get what she wanted.

She jumped onto the culprit again, he being a victim to her crime. Viciously clawing and punching at his face as he yelled obscene names at her, trying to force the tiny but mighty girl off him.

"I'm sorry! Jesus Christ! Just get off me!" He began to cry out as she mauled his face. Gotham High was an evil place. It's queen? Was the girl you saw before you.

She finally let him go, fixing her outfit and flashing a vicious smile. "Don't do anything stupid. You'll regret it." She echoed as she left the area.

What she didn't plan for, was the throaty roar that left the boys' body. The bones began to snap under his skin, changing him. The three bodies began to mold together. It was a grotesque sight, one that made Jade gag. He looked at her with bleeding eyes. Fangs growing out from his canines. He was an experiment. That much Jade knew for sure. What she didn't know, was how long she'd last again this version.

The visitor's side of the bleachers were always empty, so not many people were able to see or even hear the attack happening behind them

Jade was in a position where life or death were the only outcomes. She did well to fend off the boy as much as she could, but she was running out of gas. Very fast might I add.

The claws of his raked her hipbone once. Barely scuffing it, but from that one spot, it began to fester quickly. She could feel it in her bloodstream. The infection of the demon in front of her pouring into her body.

She needed someone. Anybody at all to help her in this crisis. Her body was aching and began to feel weak. There was something viciously wrong here. The fear struck her as she felt her strength fading and fading.

Luckily that prayer was answered by Artemis. Megan was at the edge of the bleachers watching the whole thing go down. She was still shaken up, she had trouble trying to aid Jade in this fight. A sailing arrow hit the being right in the chest. Enough time for Jade to attempt to saw off parts of the animalistic boys grown out nails using a blade she somehow had hidden on her. It was an odd sight seeing such a tiny person aggressively going back and forth with the blade.

"What are you doing?! Let me end it!" Artemis barked. Trying to entice Jade to move.

"We need samples!" She replied, as Artemis stuck the thing again. Happy with the one nail she priced off, she went after the fang.

"Jade! That's still a person!"

"Yeah, a person that's unfortunately gonna turn to dust in about five because that's how all these damn things go. There was no saving him!" She replied, her hands yanking at the fang. Her foot on his face for leverage.

"Stop it!" Artemis replies, as the monster gave one final screech, before lying there dead.

Jade finally pried the fang out, stumbling back. She smiled, "I did it!"

Her two teammates were not amused, as she began to treat her new injury. Because they knew damn well, Jade would be at practice no matter what. Even if she almost died.