CHAPTER TWO

CARMEN POV
Wake up you slave, Henry the future alpha of the pack shouted, he was my worst enemy and bully in the pack he usually forced me to wash his clothes and clean his shoes. Not only was I the pack cleaner but I also cooked for the pack after the unfortunate death of my parents I was forced to become a slave, while young people of my age are in school learning I was at the pack house cleaning and breaking firewood. My parents were the pack beta, after their death the pack blamed it on me, saying I was the reason why they were killed.

Waking up at 5.00 am in the morning has been a big deal for me, when I sleep at 3.00 clock at the night due to the unnecessary load of work I do in the pack, slowly I got up and folded the piece of rags I use as my bed tucking it inside the polythene bag I use to put my hand me down garment, After doing my routines in the pack toilet, I went into the kitchen to start the food preparation, if I present the breakfast meal a minute later than seven am, am being beaten by no other than Henry the bully.

Today I was preparing toasted bread for their breakfast, after cooking the breakfast I took it into the pack dinning, it was a large table, which was able to accommodate nearly 100 people, when I got into the dinning hall I was two minutes late, I was slapped by Henry while his friends mike and Nathaniel with their girlfriends laughed at me, turning to look at Macbeka my one time childhood's best friend, she looked at me with pure hatred and disdain.

Hurrying out of the dinning room, after my humiliation, it been eight years now and am used to the pains, but I swore never to appear weak or cry before them and that was the promise I tried to keep, not giving them the satisfaction of seeing me in tears

I know and hope my mourning and mockery will be turned to joy that's why I can never give up.
Please this is my first story here. Please read vote, comments and positive criticism is appreciated. THANKS
LOVE- Choosen.