didn't seem as bad anymore.

Picture found on pinterest. idk.
Lowercase in title was intended. You'll see later. ;)

ANGST. LOTS OF ANGST. AND MAYBE A TINY HINT OF YOUR EVERYDAY CRACJK FIC.

Anyways. There's not really any ships in here, but if you squint reeeaaaallllyyyy hard,
you might find something with Nightmare and Error.

There's main character death in this one as well.And an implied suicide attempt after the last sentence.

Nightmare, since the very beginning, had been scared- scratch that, he was absolutely terrified at the thought of dying. But no longer was he the scrawny, naive kid from when he still had his Mother. He was Nightmare, king of terror and fear. He would not allow the fear of death to hold him back any longer than it already has.

That being said, he would still huddle in a corner when the night fell and the squad had gone to sleep after a particularly rough fight with the Star Sans'. He no longer cried, nor did he shake, but he did hug himself. Hug himself to appear smaller, hiding from the nonexistent eyes watching him, pushing his back against the two walls of the corner he had chosen in a blind panic.

Who would've known. Who would've cared? That the Terror inducing Nightmare was scared of dying. Not his gang, that's for sure. Much less the opposing Star Sans'. Not to mention the idiotic amount of other Sans out there.

That is why when an outcast, a glitch, took one look at him and asked if he was scared of death, Nightmare immediately begun a fight. They were alone, just the two of them. Nightmare had sensed an ominously large amount of negative emotions coming and going, from AU to AU. He left the squad behind in order to check it out for himself, the pool of magic this monster was leaking would have knocked out most skeletons with average amounts of magic average? puh-lease, the gang has more than enough to withstand this, in less than a second.

He didn't need them anyway. Bullshit, you just didn't want to see any of them die right in front of you because of an unknown, when you could've saved them.

It didn't matter. Not anymore, he was already there.

Later, when one thing led to another and things fell apart one after another, they became friends. In a way. He learned that the name of the glitch was Error, that he lived in a white hell with voices screaming at him every second of every day and that the glitch wanted to destroy AUs that were imperfect, incomplete and slash or corrupted AUs. Nightmares AU became corrupt.

The creator brought it upon himself, the AUs would have collapsed sooner or later even without Error. He just gave them a death less painful than the void. Was that what a hero was? Perhaps not.

Error had explained once that he couldn't exactly die. He will dust, yes. But he would reform back in what he called his home, the white hell also called the Anti-void. So yes, he was more or less incapable of dying.

It didn't lessen the panic and fear he felt when he saw Error fall down the cliff into the void in an Outertale copy. The terror only increased when Error not only didn't reform in the anti-void, but his magic signature started fading. And fading fast. Then a thought hit him and he cried, shook like a leaf and screamed for the first time in aeons; if Error keeps on reforming, but not in the anti-void, wouldn't that mean he is reforming in the void? Suffering endless torture from the immense pain that comes from being torn apart, molecule by molecule, in the void? And wasn't that a thought.

He ended up telling the rest of the squad, or gang, later. Much, much later. When he had stopped thinking about death, once he had stopped self-harming by counsciously deciding to have an existential panic attack.

Back when he still had his broken state of mind, when he thought of dying whenever he found himself alone. What it might be like. How much it would hurt. He consciously thought of death and made himself panic, more than anyone could count.

That night, after telling the rest of the gang, he thought about it once again.

And suddenly, dying didn't seem as bad anymore.

I'm.. really sorry about this one.
My state of mind isn't exactly great at the moment,
but I got an idea after thinking about dying and having a thought strike me
(ps. it's the same one as the last sentence, but i'm not living in an angst fic. probably.)

I'm going to a funeral tomorrow. I'm not holding up too great,
but I'm trying my best to get some updates out for everyone.

Love you guys,
thank you for reading this angst filled crap.

Haha. I love torturing myself by writing angst.