Chapter 90

**

Laying on Alex's bed, I stared up at the ceiling. It's been hours since Jake had left and with what's going on now, I can't help but think of the worst possible scenario. Jolting up, I ran straight to the door resulting me to run straight into Alex. "Is Jake back?" I quickly asked.

Shaking his head, he walked past me. "No, he's not. I just wanted to check up on you."

Letting out a disappointing sigh, I clenched my fists. "Then we have to go search for him."

"Serine-"

"We have to, Alex! Zeke is out there somewhere and who knows, what if he got to Jake? We have to-"

"So what if Zeke got to him?" My heart fell and my mouth dropped. "It's none of our business what happens to him."

Shaking my head, I couldn't believe what he was saying. "Are you seriously saying we should just forget about him?"

Facing me, he snapped back angrily. "That's exactly what I'm saying, Serine. Right now all he is to us is dead weight." Reverting his eyes, he finished. "It's better if he'a gone anyways."

"I can't believe you're even saying that. Even if you do hate him, you can't-"

"ENOUGH SERINE!" Shouting out, it caused me to jump and he was suddenly right in front of me. Alex held a tight grip around my arms causing me to cry out.

"Alex, let go! That hurts!" He ended up gripping tighter, his nails digging into my skin. I cried out again bringing my arms up and pushing him away. Without saying another word, I ended up running straight to and out the front door. What's gotten into Alex all of a sudden? Why did he-

My body suddenly stopped and I shivered. That wasn't even Alex...but Zeke. It has to be, there's no way Alex would...but, if that was him, where did Alex go?

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Zeke's voice pierced my ears from behind and I jumped out of my skin. Looking back, he stood as his regular self, staring at me as Zander's double.

Without a second thought, my body began pushing itself forward again. My wrist was pulled back. I instantly shouted out trying to push his hand off. "Get away from me!"

Zeke took a hold of my other wrist pulling me closer to him. "Now why would I want to do that? We've got some unfinished business."

"What did you do with Alex and Jake?"

Letting out a small laugh, he raised his eyebrows. "I've done nothing to your precious Alex. After all, you two did have quite the disagreement just now, didn't you?"

My eyes shot wide open and my body froze. So that was really Alex?

"I didn't even need to lift a finger." He quickly moved his hands up to the marks left by Alex's nails holding my arms tight. "Now, as I said before. We have some unfinished business." Zeke smirked and it was the last thing I saw before the world grew dark.