Chapter 27

Hours passed before Alex came walking through the door. He was carrying several plastic bags filled with groceries. "What are you sitting on the floor for?"

I wasn't ready to tell him...better yet, I wasn't sure how to even bring it up. Standing to my feet, I took some of the bags from his hand. "No reason." I took the bags to the kitchen and set them on the table. "Is there anything else outside? I'll go get them."

Walking past him, he grabbed my upper arm holding me in place. "What happened?" I widened my eyes. "Your eyes are red, plus you're acting like you have something to hide." He saw right through me. What should I do...

"It's nothing." I pulled my arm away and started again. "I'll be back with the rest."

**

As we finished putting away the groceries, Alex asked me a second time. "Now, what happened Serine? And don't say it's nothing."

"I already told you-"

He grabbed my shoulders and pinned me against the wall. Setting his palms against the wall, his arms were at my sides leaving me trapped. My heart raced as I swallowed. He's serious. "What. Happened."

Looking down, I pushed my lips together, hesitating. It's best to come out with the truth than to hide it, right? "I was...kissed..." Looking back up, I finished. "I didn't kiss back, I wasn't-"

Alex put his hand over my mouth. "You don't need to say anything more." He pulled back, and walked away without another word.

I ran up behind him and wrapped my hands around his waist. "Don't walk out on me...please.." Embracing him tighter, I closed my eyes. "I was wrong wanting to be alone. After what happened I thought about it...and I realized I didn't want to be alone, because if I was, then I would've lost everything I love..." My voice began to crackle. Dammit, I'm beginning to cry again, but I have to tell him even if I do burst into tears. "All I had was Caden...and he was taken from me, right in front of me. Pushing you away was an excuse...a defense. I thought-" I stopped when Alex pulled my arms from around him.

He turned his body around and lifted my chin. His dark red eyes pierced through mine. "Not another word." Our lips were connected sending sparks down my body. The touch of lips were soft against mine which were a little chapped. Alex locked his fingers with mine. His lips danced with mine giving it such a passionate feeling. It felt as if the whole world had disappeared around us, leaving Alex and I floating in the air.

Alex began to pull away. He released my hands and embraced me tightly. I brought my arms up wrapping them around him. His body was so warm soothing me. My tears dried up before they even fell. I felt flushed when he whispered in my ear. "You will never lose me."

My grip grew tighter as if he were a giant teddy bear. I laid my head against his chest, smiling to myself. Though my head was still adrift, my heart knew exactly what it wanted, what it felt. I haven't lost everything, I have Alex at least. And right now, I couldn't have been more grateful.

**

The next day I decided it was time for me to go back to school. I had already missed almost two weeks straight, so I'm pretty far behind. Alex told me that he had already informed the school about my position, besides the whole...trip to hell part. Still gives me chill just thinking about it.

I threw on a pair of jeans with a white long sleeve. Instead of leaving my hair down, I decided to put it up in a pony tail for once.

"You ready to go?" Alex came up from behind me messing with my hair. Pulling my hair over my shoulder, I turned facing him.

"I'm ready physically, not mentally." I clarified. I really wasn't ready to go back. Even all that time off just wasn't enough. "But, no time for complaints. We should get going."

He smiled landing a surprise kiss. "I'm here, so you don't need to feel discouraged. Remember that." As I nodded, I started to blush.

Today was just like any other school day for me. That was one thing that hasn't changed, but it doesn't matter to me anymore. That's nothing new compared to everything else.

**

I waited for Alex in front of the school. Apparently, he had to stay after and finish some test, I wasn't sure. He didn't have time to really explain it to me since he was being called over in such a hurry, but I guess I'll see what happened when he comes out.

Some time had passed before I heard footsteps approach me from behind. "Did you finally-" I started as I turned around expecting Alex. My eyes shot open when I saw Nikolas standing there.