Chapter 67

**

I began waking up. My entire body ached, and I could hardly move. I can't remember what happened.

Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Jake a few feet in front of me. My vision was still fuzzy, but I could see that he was passed out and shirtless. Trying to move my arms, I realized they were bound together above me. What...is this?

Looking back over at Jake, I realized he was in the same position I was. His feet barely touching the ground and mine...mine hovered over the ground, yet they were being held down by shackles on the ground. Upon seeing that, I had also been stripped of my clothes too, aside from my undergarments.

Despite this situation, and how we even got here, all I could think about is where Alex might be. I began struggling, trying to pull my arms apart. I wanted to scream, but I realized my mouth had been gagged too. Dammit! What's going on?

"I see you've woken up." Zeke came up from behind me, beginning to stroke my bare back. I began screaming through the gag, but it had no effect. He maneuvered in front of me, and we were face to face. "Once he's awake, the game will begin."

It started coming back to me...Jake and I were running from Zeke, but he managed to catch us anyways, sucking us into the darkness...

Zeke punched Jake in the jaw causing him to shriek out in pain. My body tensed and all I could do was look away. "Alright, the game can begin." He pushed my face forward, holding it in place. "Don't look away, it's a part of the game." Swallowing hard, he released me and went into the middle of us.

Jake began looking around, and his eyes widened when our gazes met. "What's going on here?" He began struggling, finally realizing his position.

"Now that you two are awake, I can begin the game."

"Where's Alex?" Jake demanded as he looked past Zeke at me. I bit hard on the gag afraid of what he might say..

Glancing back at me, he gave a menacing grin. "Don't you worry about him, he's got no part in this game. And, in case you're wondering, he isn't dead, either."

"What a-"

"Ah ah ah, I have yet to explain the rules of this game." Zeke pulled out a knife from under his shirt, walking over towards me. My stomach began to churn as he placed the tip of the blade just below my neck. "I will start off by saying that this whole excursion was never a part of my plan. I had an entirely different one all played out. Of course, just recently I've encountered, a blast from the past and who knew that past would be connected to this little vixen right here."

I could see Jake's body tense up. "Zeke, she doesn't need-"

"What do you say?" Ignoring Jake, he looked deep in my eyes. I wanted to look away, but I was frozen with fear, I couldn't even manage that. But the way Jake was acting, must mean that he really is trying to hide something from me.

His stare grew intense, and I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. "Should Jake and I relive the glory days, tell you who your brother really was?"

I don't want to hear it...none of it. I don't want to believe any of this! Zeke brought the knife up to my cheek, catching my tears from falling. His voice went down to a light whisper. "Trust me, these tears will mean nothing to you compared to once our game is over." Please...let this nightmare end..

"Now, Jake, this is how the game works. I'm going ask you a series of questions regarding our past, and if you fail to answer them correctly, she will have to pay a price."

Jake gritted his teeth forming fists with his bounded hands. "Zeke, don't do this!"

Ignoring him, Zeke started. "First question. You and I, we were best friends, right?"

"Don't do this..." Shaking his head, Jake brought his voice down, like he was hiding his shame.

Taking a hold of my hair, he pulled my head back and held the blade against my cheek. "Answer the question, Jake." Shutting my eyes tightly, I began to cry out. His grip on my hair pulled back tighter, and seconds before he pushed the knife into my skin, Jake yelled out.

"Yes! Yes, we were!" I could tell that in his voice he was trembling too.

Releasing my hair, Zeke clapped. "Very good. Keep this up, and she won't have a single scratch on her." I looked straight at Jake, the tears filling in my eyes. Lightly shaking his head, he opened his mouth, words ready to spill out. Zeke intervened. "Now, Jake, second question."

"Zeke, just stop this already!"

"When Caden came into the picture, who left who?" Jake was silent, and Zeke scuffed. Walking behind me, he ran his fingers through my hair. "You've got such beautiful, long hair. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it."

Replying sooner than the first time, he gave an answer. "I left you."

"That was an easy question. Now, let's go a little deeper." He rested his hands on my waist, causing my body to tremble. I whined, and he kissed the back of my neck. "This is where things get interesting. Make sure you listen closely, now."

"Let her go!"

"Third question. Now, tell me Jake, what did Caden do which led to my deep hatred for you two?"

Jake's body went pale, and his eyes widened. "Zeke, don't do this...she doesn't need to hear this."

My body was embraced tighter and he held the knife up against my skin on my side. Screaming over the gag, Zeke yelled louder than my screams. "Tick tock, Jake." He brushed his hand over the scar on my side from before. My heart began to race, uncontrollably. I didn't want Jake to say anything, and yet...

Thrashing around, Jake grew furious, his face filled with rage. "Dammit! Zeke, stop this! She's not-"

"And you were doing so good too, Jake." His voice was just loud enough for me to hear. "Take two, Serine. Let's see how much better we can make this lovely scar of yours." He slammed the knife just above the scar in my side, and dragged it all the way down just before it reached my leg. I bit down hard on the gag trying to hold back my screams of anguish, but I still wound up groaning loudly.

"You damn bastard!" Jake's voice cracked.

"Let's try this again, Jake. Now, answer the question." I met Jake's eyes, and I lightly shook my head. He pushed his lips together, looking to give in. Zeke stuck the blade in my bra strap, the cold steel pushed up against my back. He flexed his fingers and nails like Alex's grew. Zeke reached up as if to grab a hold of my wrists, but instead rested his nails on the back of my arms.

Closing his eyes, Jake shook his head. I could hear him whisper, but I was unable to understand his words. Zeke scoffed. Sinking his nails in my skin, he pulled his arms all the way down my arms. This time, my screams were uncontainable, and the sound pierced my own ears. It felt like my arms were ready to rip from my hands.

"Come on, Jake. It appears you're losing this game, yet she's the one taking all the blows. Now, answer the damn question!"

"Serine..." Jake mumbled under his breath, and Zeke took a hold of my hair again, pulling the knife from my strap. "...I'm sorry.." More tears fell from my eyes, and my vision became blurry.

"Too bad. Times up, Jake!" Just before he could inflict the next blow, Jake shouted out, halting his movements.

"Caden and I...Caden and I, we..."

Zeke stuck the blade back in my strap again and walked over to him. "What was that? I couldn't hear you, say that again louder."

Clearing his throat, Jake began to speak again. "Caden and I, we ki-" Screaming out, I didn't want to listen to what he had to say, I didn't want to know the truth...not now! No! Don't say it Jake, please! I tried forming the words even through the gag. Growing annoyed, Zeke came up taking a hold of my cheeks.

"Keep quiet and listen! This is apart of the game, you must abide by the rules!" He turned away again, back at Jake.

Before Jake finished, he stared straight into my eyes, which were filled with regret. Closing his eyes, the words flooded out, and my heart shattered... "We killed, your brother.."