Chapter 9

Jeremy glared at them through the rear view mirror and spoke into his Walkie Talkie.

"Yeah we have the two guys with us. We're taking them down to the station to get a statement."

The siren of the police car blared angrily.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God", Leo moaned.

Xavier sat stiff with horror. "It all happened so fast", he murmured.

Leo pulled at the neckline of his shirt. "Oh my god", Leo muttered. "Is it hot in here? I'm feeling really hot."

Xavier looked at him with wide eyes. "So hot. Do you think Jeremy jacked up the heat to psych us out?"

"It's the heat of Hell," Leo whispered in terror.

Xavier was pale. "Fuck. Fuck. Leo I can't go to Hell. I've fucked dudes."

Was it normal to feel like his heart was being eaten by his lungs?

Leo lowered his voice and leaned in. "Xavier sodomy isn't your biggest sin anymore," he hissed.

Leo made sure Jeremy wasn't listening and lowered his voice even further. "We just - "

Xavier gave him a horrified look. "Don't say it."

"We just killed someone," Leo hissed.

2 hours earlier

"Xavier, you promised my brother you would drop me off at Don's!" Leo complained.

Xavier nodded his head distractedly. "I just forgot about this one thing. It'll only take an hour."

"An hour! Xavier! Can't you do it later?" Leo whined.

Xavier floored the car and ran a red light. "No."

Leo gripped at the dashboard. "What the fuck? Stop driving so recklessly would you?"

Xavier didn't take his eyes off the road. "It'll be harder for me to concentrate on driving if you keep jabbering like that."

Xavier swerved around a child at a zebra crossing and Leo yelped. "Slow down", he hissed.

Xavier looked over at him and floored the gas.

"And keep your eyes on the road!"

Xavier ignored him and reached out for the glove compartment.

Leo made a pained sound in the back of his throat and slapped away his hand.

Xavier scowled. "Leo. Open the glove compartment."

Do it yourself, Leo wanted to say, before realising that he had just stopped Xavier from doing exactly that. Leo nervously did as he was told.

"You're going to see a brown package. Behind the fire extinguisher. Take it out, carefully."

Leo gingerly removed the package like it might explode at any second, because for all he knew it might. What the fuck is going on, his brain screamed.

Xavier ran a red light and screeched around a corner. Leo gripped the dashboard, heart thudding. "Xavier, what the fuck?"

Xavier pulled into a driveway, tires skidding. He extended his hand towards Leo. "The package."

Leo handed it to him, confusion increasing. What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck?

"Wait here", he ordered.

"For an hour? You're joking, I'm coming with you." Leo scrambled out of the car.

"Suit yourself", Xavier muttered, slamming the car door shut and locking the doors.