𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓

Start from the beginning

"This is so cool!" I started to try out the buttons on the controller. They both chuckled while watching me."When did you even get all this done? You said customed?"

"Since day one we arrived, we planned to get you a makeup vanity. Sophia designed it. We secretly bought a few things like the organisers on Sunday, while you were shopping in Jo Malone. The whole thing arrived today, so while you were out, we organised everything", Tamara explained. 

I smiled.

"You guys are the best!"

"We know", they both said in unison. 

I have the best sisters.

❇❇❇

Putting my hair in a low bun, I opened the light pink mini skincare fridge, which Sophia surprised me with today after showing me the makeup vanity. When I walked into my bathroom, after my sister's left, I saw the mini-fridge by the corner of my bathroom vanity and there was a note on the top of it.

𝐵𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓉.

𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒, 𝒮𝑜𝓅𝒽

My sisters really spoiled me. Sophia, mostly, did when it came to fashion, skincare and cosmetics. Tamara did when it came to everything, mostly, food.

After I was done with my night routine, I heard a knock on my door. Currently, I was wearing my satin white lace nightwear, so I took the white satin robe off my bathroom hook and wore it. While walking towards the door, I tied my robe close. Looking through the peephole, I saw Sophia. I opened the door.

"Sister", I greeted her with a smile before pulling her into a hug. "Thank you for the fridge. I love it."

She chuckled before hugging me back. "I'm glad you do." She kissed my temple. 

"What brings you here?" I pulled away from the hug. 

"I just wanted to talk." She walked in and took a seat on the couch. My eyebrows furrowed. I closed the door and took a seat beside her. "About?" 

"I heard you went out with Ashton today."

"I did. Is . . that ok?"

"Of course!" She looked up at me. "Did you have fun?", she asked with a genuinely excited smile.

I didn't respond right away. "Yes . . I did." My eyes fell down to my hands that rested on my lap.

"What's wrong, sweetie?", she asked and I looked up at her. 

"It's not easy for us to get close to others. Better yet, we shouldn't get close to others", I muttered.

She sighed."Sometimes, you think too much." She smiled sadly. "You could be happier Kristi, so much happier, because there is a whole world waiting for you."

"That's what he used to say", I mumbled. "What makes you think I'm not already happy?"

"Kristine . . . .  our lives aren't normal. Not even close. We're surrounded by violence almost every day of our lives. We're a part of a world where our lives are threatened every hour of the day. On top of that, you lost somebody just last year. Of course, there's also . . . that, which I won't mention. You've lost a lot, Kristi." Pity masked her face as she took hold of my hand. "You've always seemed so happy and you always say you're happy, but I don't believe it for a second and that hurts you know? That hurts because we know you're not.  What you have now is that really enough? Are you really happy?" Her eyes searched mine.