Prologue

Author P.O.V

"Go! You have to get out of here! It's safer for you there than here!" Someone said to a little girl. "But this is my home! I can't just leave" the little girl said, tears in her eyes.

"You will be returning, sweetie... for now... just go and stay there... it's for your own good..." the guy said, kneeling down in front of the little girl. "I'm going to miss you..." the little girl said, crying softly. "I'm going to miss you too... now go..." the guy said, gently pushing the little girl to run forward. But the girl just stare at the guy for a while.

The guy just give her a sad smile. "Go... and take care of yourself" he said. Tears streams down both of her cheeks like a waterfall. "I'll come back... I promise..." she said. She turns around and run away. As much as she refuses to go... she knows she don't have a choice. If she stays, she'll die.

She keeps running without looking back. She knows if she looks back, she won't be able to leave. She's not paying attention on where she was going and bump her head on something. Her vision blurred, but she force herself to keep moving.

She stumbles and fall on the ground. She's no longer aware of her surrounding as the dizziness starting to get too much for her. The last thing she remember is seeing a pair of feet stopping in front of her. Then everything turns black.

Time-Skip

The little girl's eyes slowly flicker. She opens her eyes slowly and the first thing she noticed is the fancy ceiling. She furrow her eyebrows, as she have no idea where she is.

She realize she's laying on a bed. She sits up on the bed and look around the room. 'Where am I?' She thought herself.

The door to the room opens to reveal a man she have never seen before. The man slowly walks towards her as she sits there, not moving an inch. The man leans down to meet her eyes. She flinch and try to move away.

"It's okay... I'm not going to hurt you..." he said. The girl just stay there and stare at the man. "My name is Digory Kirke. But you can call me grandpa" he said, smiling. "Grandpa... um... where... w-where am I-I?" The girl said, stuttering a little. "You're in my house, dear... can you tell me your name?" He said. "M-My name is... Y-Y/N..." she stuttered out. "Well then... Y/N... where do you come from?" He said. She opens her mouth, but no words comes out.

Professor Kirke notice her struggle to say it, and just smile softly at her. "You are welcome to stay here with me for as long as you want..." he said. "Really?" Y/N said.

"Of course... come... you must be hungry..." he said, offering a hand to her. She hesitate for a while, then slowly place her hand on top of his larger one. She gets up from her bed and walk out of the room.

Professor Kirke slowly guides Y/N to the dining room. He guides the young girl to one of the seats and gestures her to sit. She just sit down. Soon a woman comes into the room, carrying foods. She looks at the table filled with various kinds of food.

She looks up at Professor Kirke to see him looking at her. "What are you waiting for? Go on... eat up. Just make yourself at home..." he said. She gently scoop up some f/f onto her plate and start eating slowly.

"I've always wanted to have a granddaughter... so I am so delighted if you can stay here..." the man said. Y/N smiles at the man's word. "If it's really okay for me to stay here..." she said. "Of course... so will you stay?" He said. "Okay..." she said, smiling at him. He just smile brightly at her, happy that he finally have a granddaughter.

But deep in her heart and mind. She wishes nothing, but to return to the place she came from. She knows deep within her... that someday she's destined to go back there. So she will wait patiently until the day arrive. For now, she will stay with the kind Professor as his grandchild.

I will be back...

*to be continued*