𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 15. ♊︎

what's meant to be,

will always find a way.

-Trisha Yearwood <3

Chapter 15: meeting the man I call father.

I was nervous truth be told. Pacing the room even as a result. Repeating the words 'Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck' over and over again. I was going to meet my dad for the first time in years. And that's a good thing. Right? Maybe I should have told my mum? Maybe I should have told my brother? Maybe... I was cut off from my intrusive thoughts by Angelina's warm arms wrapping around me.

'y/n honestly relax' she whispered in my ear resting her head on my shoulder and cuddling into my back. She felt like home. But that doesn't mean she isn't a homewrecker.

A/N: That isn't really what I think of her (Homewrecker) I Just added it for effect and as Y/N's opinion. I believe her and Brad fell for each other after the Brennifer Divorce and nobody was at fault except Brad.

I turned to the young brunette actress and traced circles on her collarbones 'How do you expect me to relax when my dads going to be here in what? An hour' I said making her giggle slightly. My god, her laugh is so cute. Nows, not the time Y/N. Shit, the effect she has on me is unreal.

'You're getting yourself worked up over nothing' She said pecking my lips lightly, Once we had released our lock from each other I opened my eyes and stared at her trying to reassure myself 'Nothing?' I asked.

She smiled and nodded 'well not nothing but you know what I mean' She said. I decided now was the time to drop the hint that I had heard the phone call she had shared so decided on saying 'Mhm there's been a lot of 'nothings' going on recently' using my fingers for quotations around the nothing.

She rolled her eyes. 'what's that supposed to mea-' the green-eyed girl was broken from her sentence by a loud knock on the door. We both basically jumped out of our skin. It was like one of those horror moments when the murderous clown is knocking on the door and the heroine is afraid to answer it. Only the clown was my dad and the heroine was my girlfriend.

After a few gruelling moments we both made our way to the door and took a large breath before we opened it with a smile.

I was greeted by an older man than what I remember, his once long brown hair was now grey and thinner and his sleek face now covered with Wrinkles. I simply stood gawking at the man I once called Dad 'Wow y/n' he said dropping his luggage from each of his hands and taking a step closer. I took a step back and found Angelina's grasp in my hand.

'Dad?' I said unsure of the man stood awaiting my affection. He nodded 'yes it's me sweetie' i relaxed my body in Angie's arms and looked him up and down analysing his very creative choice of clothes. 'you look like... different than I remember'

He smiled and nodded his head slightly 'so do you... what happened to my sweet little blonde-haired princess' I rolled my eyes and mentally smirked knowing a sarcastic comment was incoming...

'she left with you and I was forced to grow up' I said taking him and Angelina aback. I then felt a nudge on my side and the clear of the throat beside me and turned to My Girlfriend. 'Oh how rude of me, Angelina, Dad, Dad, Angelina' He placed his hand out greeting Angies for a handshake. Hashtag Awkward.

'How could I forget Y/n's first crush' he said beaming when I turned bright red. Angelina Also turned the same shade of pink and muttered 'Y/n's first crush?' she's never going to let me forget that is she?

'shush and yes she's my girlfriend now dad' I said correcting his prior statement whilst silencing my cheeky girl.

'I always knew you two were soulmates' He spoke with confidence. If he only knew all the shit we had been through and were going to go through. He might not be saying that statement so confidently.

'yeah... We are definitely something... Anyways come in' I said directing my hand at the living room in the house me and Angelina were sharing whilst filming.

We all sat on the couch once retrieving drinks and snacks and began talking. Only small talk but any kind of talk was something. Especially for me and my dad.

'So fill me in I want to know everything my princess has been up to these past five or 6 years' I sat back and found Angelina's arms yet again. She cuddled into me and I relaxed slightly. I couldn't help it. Her body was like a therapist for mine.

I breathed out as my dad sipped his drink awaiting my response 'Well when you first left mum fell apart, Carson didn't know where you had gone and I went on a bender' I said barely elaborating on the entire situation.

'what do you mean by bender?' He asked his eyes becoming dim and almost upset looking. 'well, I broke up with Angelina and pushed everyone away. For the next 13 or 14 months, I travelled the world trying to find some sort of contentment and meaning with my life' I muttered reliving almost every day I yearned for my fathers love back.

'By travelled you mean?' he asked sitting closer to us with every sentence becoming more emerged in the story I was telling. 'Spent my savings and got drunk in every place and bar I went in' I nodded and Angelinas grasp tightened. She kissed my neck lightly and cuddled further into me.

'How did you get served alcohol?' he asked oblivious to how charming I can be, and to just about anyone. 'fucking or flirting with the female bartenders mostly depending on their looks' I replied earning a disapproving look from not only my dad but girlfriend too.

'why, why where y-you n-not happy with Angelina and your friends and mother?'  he said in almost shell shock from the info I just unloaded on him.

'You were my best friend dad and you left, the amount of shit I had to deal with when mum would come home drunk or high every night was too much' His eyes widened. 'so I checked her into rehab and set off leaving Carson luckily with Marche and Angelina for a couple of weeks while mum was in that place' He grabbed my hand stroking the top of it with his thumb and pointer finger.

'Why didn't you call me?' he asked. Stupid question if you think about it.

'How could I have? and with what number? you just upped and left dad' I replied yet again earning a worried wide-eyed look on his ageing face.

'well I'm in your life for good now Princess'

REALLY ENJOYED WRITING THIS CHAPTER. SORRY, I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING IN A WHILE JUST TOOK A BREAK TO FOCUS ON MY TIKTOK AND SOCIAL MEDIA GROWTH... ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE SEND ME THEM...

VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!