Who Let the Hellhounds Out?

Start from the beginning

"What if you guys lead the devil to the edge, and I jump in."

"Sam." He spoke his name like a warning.

"It'd be just like when you turned the knife around on yourself. One action- just one leap."

Marley was on her feet. She didn't need to hear anymore, she knew enough. It didn't matter if he was drunk, or depressed by his brother working with a demon after the whole Ruby blowout, whatever the case, he was having the thought. If Dean was out with Crowley, then Sam was by himself and she needed to get to him.

The duffle bag was slung over her shoulder as she bounded down the stairs only to skid to a stop as Bobby wheeled out in front of her before she could reach the door. His gaze was hard, masking the concern swimming in the back of his eyes.

"Are you sure you should be going?"

Marley's head pulled back in surprise, and her brows furrowed. "It's Sam."

Bobby huffed slightly and his eyes drifted in annoyance. "Yeah, I know."

Marley sent him a 'what the heck look'. "Then we both agree, I'm going."

She made to move past him, but his next words made her stop. "Dean doesn't want you going near Crowley."

A few seconds passed before Marley turned around to look at the old man. "Seriously?"

Bobby sighed, shaking his head. "Sam just said Dean didn't want you coming now that Crowley was involved."

Marley rolled her eyes. "I think I'll be able to handle myself."

Bobby shook his head. "I don't disagree."

"Good."

Marley nodded her head and then walked out the door. That was one of the weirdest conversations she'd had in a very long time. Crowley had taken an interest in her for all of five minutes, and as far as she was concerned "interest" was a strong word. Asking about what the heck she was, well, that was pretty much every Tuesday for her. So she set off for Crowley's house- or at least what was left of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was an 18 hour drive, but she finally made it. She could still smell the fire as she stood outside of the house. The burnt smell was almost palpable as she stepped up onto the porch and opened the door, not bothering to knock. If the police cared enough about her breaking and entering, she was gonna have to question why the house wasn't already boarded up due to asbestos.

The door squeaked open, followed by the creaking of the floor- there was no stealth mode in this place. Her ears caught the quiet click of a gun being cocked from a room up ahead to her right. So she headed in that direction... and came face to face with Sam aiming his gun at her.

"Seriously?" Marley arched her eyebrows, a smirk itching to come on her face. "Thought we were over this whole you guys trying to kill me thing."

Sam let out a breath of relief and lowered his gun, realizing he wasn't in any danger. "Dean should be back soon."

Marley refrained from an eyeroll as she followed Sam towards what was left of the living room. There was a glass coffee table, an armchair, and a weird small wooden side table. Sam flopped into the horrible red, floral patterned armchair and Marley perched herself on the side table.

"I'm here for you, ya beanstalk."

"Why?" He looked up at her, his face contorted in confusion. "I'm fine."

"You were talking about saying yes to Lucifer and were here by yourself, drinking."

Sam scoffed. "So you don't think I can handle it either."