삼십팔: THE DOCTOR'S ADVICE

PRESENT

PRESENT

"That was the last time I had seen her before bumping into her a couple of months back." Seokjin murmured weakly as he brought his hand closer to his face for wiping away his tears.

"I see, your case is so complicated, Mister Kim. I know I can't do anything to make you feel better, but my heart goes out for you. Kudos to you for being so strong, really!" The doctor exclaimed, unintentionally making Seokjin elicit a frail chuckle, "However, let's return to our main topic of concern now. You told me that she was scheduled for a second surgery, but before she could be operated upon, she fled from the hospital. That exactly Mister Kim, caused her brain injury to foster, to such an extent that it can no longer be reverted. I could've easily given you false hopes and extorted money from you in the name of a correctional surgery, but I won't do that." He pressed his lips into a thin line in contemplation.

"Because that would be worthless, let me be honest with you. On the other hand, the money you may otherwise be willing to put into ameliorating her condition, I advise you rather used it for the restoration of her eyesight. The worsening of her eyesight... it is pretty recent, right? That means there's still some scope for her eyes to be as healthy as before. One of my friends is a reputed ophthalmologist— I must have his card here somewhere..." The doctor's voice faltered when he shuffled through his drawer seeking the card that he had mentioned, "Here it is. Visit him and fix an appointment before it gets too late."

As the two males exchanged smiles out of mutual gratitude, the door of the doctor's cabin flew ajar, revealing a curious Joobin from behind it.

"This, is Baek Joobin," Seokjin informed the other man before beckoning her to come over and secure a seat, "why are you standing there? Come here."

As unpredictable as Joobin had always been, she meekly shook her head in declination, startling the other two presence equally— noticing which had made her want to explain herself at last, "If the consultation is over then there would be no point in me having the doctor repeat himself right from the top. So, I'll save you the hassle of recapitulating," Joobin air-quoted as she snickered, "I can just read what you've highlighted in my reports and if I find something difficult to understand, I'll ask Seokjin to relay what you said. I feel terribly tired right now, so please don't mind me." Bowing apologetically before the doctor, the female finished.

"Yes, yes, that's absolutely alright! You're free to go," the one that Joobin had addressed sneaked a glance at Seokjin, whispering secretively to him, "don't fret too much, okay? I wish you two all the happiness in this world!"

Grinning gratifyingly at the doctor, Seokjin headed towards Joobin, remarking, "Clever. Now tell me where do you wanna go right now?" and snaked his arm around her shoulder.

"No, that was not a lie. I really feel tired, plus I don't wish to go anywhere right now. I wanna go home. Can you please be by my side today? I sorta don't feel well, I'm sensing these negative vibes lurking all around me." Joobin gesticulated, reacting to which Seokjin stroke the sides of her arm soothingly.

"Yeah, fine by me. Let's stay at home today."

a/n

i think y'all have got a competition... i think that the doctor is the biggest #jinbin shipper. can you prove me wrong?👀😂