삼십일: NOT EVEN SOME PROPHECY

"You'd have liked this little getaway much more if we went to my parent's home as well—uh, minus the parents— but never mind, I'm sure that we'll someday get the chance to visit this place again

"You'd have liked this little getaway much more if we went to my parent's home as well—uh, minus the parents— but never mind, I'm sure that we'll someday get the chance to visit this place again. You won't back down then, right? Actually you know what, promise me." Seokjin extended his pinky finger in Joobin's direction once he was done cavilling, though the expression of discontent still did not wear off his face.

"I agree with you Seokjin, I totally do. But it's just that, I feel so tired due to all this roaming around a new place, that I'm left with zero ounce of energy and will to continue doing the same..." Joobin trailed off, her attention strangely diverting to an oxbow portion of land that mushroomed off the main road.

"Yeah, I swear I'm gonna be fine with that... just seal the promise, you know?" Waving the same finger in the air assuming that he would succeed in acquiring Joobin's heed that way, Seokjin missed on noticing the drastic change that the countenance of the person seated beside him had been gradually undergoing.

Even with eyes wide opened, Joobin could experience wailing sirens approaching her, streams of blood springing and seeping into the ground, two figures lying about haphazardly and the same amount of vehicles being rendered irreversibly extirpated— her eyes gleaming with the reflection of everything that supposedly went down in her nightmare. However, it is only conceivable to confront such wild dreams when one's eyes are stitched closed. Why was it then Joobin could lucidly visualize every minuscule detail of the horrendous tragedy that swished by her memory lane just now?

"In case you forgot, you still haven't— What's wrong, Joobin?" Seokjin shrieked in disbelief when he saw strings of tears gushing out of Joobin's eyes whilst she remained completely unbothered by it. Swerving his neck back and forth between the highway and Joobin's face, he swore his brain was about to get burst.

Just when his anxiety was about to skyrocket, the female surprisingly spoke up.

"I think I just relived one of the incidents that I encountered in my past." Joobin whispered in a mellow tone, patting her cheeks with the back of her hands to erase the existence of those obnoxious tear stains that had stuck onto them.

"Damn it, this was a bad decision... I shouldn't have brought you here. Why do I never check all the aspects before jumping in for something? Until when will I remain so reckle—

"Hey? Shush..." Joobin reached for the hand that Seokjin had settled so firmly over the gearstick, fondling it ever so soothingly to calm his qualms, "Not you beating yourself up for something you didn't even do. Seriously Seokjin, how many more times do I have tell you that not even some prophecy can convince me about something going wrong while I still have you next to me? The moment things can start to go bad for me, will be only when you would leave my side."

Giving Seokjin an eye-roll due to the sudden epiphany that had dawned upon her, Joobin resumed, "Now I know that sounded like I attempted at coercing you into staying with me, but that's not it. I'm just... thanking you? Thanking you for choosing to be with someone like me. You'll continue to be with this loser, won't you?" she squeezed his hand which was still in her grip, making him turn to look at her with an affable smile, "Come on, Mr. My Right Timing, don't play hard to get!"

"That's a given, my love," Seokjin gazed into the immeasurable galaxies of positivity that Joobin's eyes held, breaking the eye-contact just the next moment to focus back on the road, "I like how you're always so optimistic."

"What a surprise, I like me too— Uh oh, nosebleed." Joobin deadpanned before getting knocked out cold.

" Joobin deadpanned before getting knocked out cold

a/n

lover with a dollar sign is a loser~~~ SING WITH ME!