삼십이: BEING A TESTIMONY TO HIS OWN WORLD COLLAPSING

Distorted noises kept on vexing Joobin to such an extent that she just yanked herself out of her slumber on the spur of the moment, spotting a confounded Seokjin first thing after she gained consciousness

But did she know why was she in a hospital of all places?

Wringing her eyes closed in fear, Joobin stuttered, "Before you scold me or anything," Seokjin's brows wrinkled in perplexity, "I'm sorry for not taking good care of myself and troubling you. I won't skip meals either... from now on, so please don't be angry with me. I can't afford to upset any more people."

"Huh?" Was all that Seokjin could let out.

"Did I just expose my recklessness all by myself?" Joobin side-glanced Seokjin meekly, covering her mouth with her hands with all the haste in the world.

"You bet you did." Resting his hands on his waist, Seokjin glared at Joobin with grave disappointment— to which the latter decided to respond by waving her hand in the air as a gesture to dismiss their ongoing conversation. Seokjin did not exactly feel pleased with the female's approach, but even he considered it better to just go with the flow for the time-being.

"So... when are you taking me to where we had planned to visit today?" Joobin interrogated, her eyes glinting with an enthusiastic spark.

Albeit contrary to how Joobin harbored this certain curiosity about the topic, Seokjin was in turn getting progressively muddled by the female's unusual disposition. Just what was she trying to get at? Was she, perhaps, frolicking around? Did she anticipate Seokjin to indulge in what she was doing, too? What precisely was it that was happening here?

"You don't remember, us meeting that teacher who kept on bothering us by asking about Jinjoo?" Seokjin suggested. Oh boy, was he stunned to the core upon witnessing Joobin swaying her head in denial?

"You don't remember awing over how beautiful the landscape was, none of that?"

"Who's Jinjoo?" Seokjin swore he found himself incapable of balking his exasperation when Joobin instead preferred to dwell on a different subject.

"Answer my question first." Overemphasizing on every single word, Seokjin reiterated.

"Well," Joobin scoffed, "no?"

"Alright then, why do you think you're here? Do you not remember that panic attack either?"

"Panic attack?" Joobin repeated, basing which he bobbed his head fervently, "I've never had one. But nosebleeds, those are like my best friend. I assume I'm here because I got a nosebleed, because I overworked myself?"

Seokjin had never known how it felt to be a testimony to one's own world collapsing, until then.