칠: NOTHING IS AS SUPERIOR AS A SMILE

Joobin's vehement approach towards keeping safe her newly procured job had anything but remained discreet

She was as nimble as a freed arrow, pouncing from table to another— sometimes to wipe the table-tops squeaky clean while the other, to jot down the orders placed by her customers— in a blink of an eye. Joobin would also ensure easing her face into a smile from time to time, for she believed that nothing held the same superiority as that gesture did.

Whilst mopping one of the empty tables in that same fervent manner, Joobin's ears involuntarily perked up when muted whispers caught her attention. Immediately whisking her head in the very direction, Joobin perceived a couple of women furtively exchanging gossips with one another while having their gazes fixated at somewhere faraway. Them being blatant regarding checking someone out became so overbearing for Joobin, that she did not realize she had been staring right through their souls all this while.

At least not until one of those females took heed of her, and resultingly beckoned her to come over.

Embarrassment would be an absolute understatement for what Joobin had undergone right then. She still complied nonetheless, and adopted an effective nonchalant front that could dismiss her being a complete weirdo just a few moments back.

"Could you perhaps," one of those women pressed her lips into a thin line, the smitten smile never wearing off her face, "ask that man at that window over there, his number?" And all of her friends erupted in fits of coy giggles.

"Oh, sure." Was all that Joobin could utter amidst the thoroughly cringe milieu.

With cursory strides, Joobin had set out for the task that she had been assigned, without wasting a single second. She cleared her throat when she considered herself to be near enough the concerned man, in order to indicate her arrival. The male instantly swung his head in Joobin's direction, assuring her that he had forsooth acknowledged her presence, and that she could go about rendering her usual business of ensuring her customers' comfort. However, the uninterested look plastered on the man's face amusingly intrigued Joobin in a certain manner— to satiate which, she sat down across from him.

"Sir, I require your help," Joobin whispered, leaving the man wanting to know more about her deal, "could you pass me your contact number?"

Joobin beamed.

And the man could not help but widen his eyes at her.