구: FOR OLD TIME'S SAKE

"So, what do I get in return now?" Joobin pattered her fingers against the wooden surface of the table, causing the man to involuntarily gulp down the accumulating lump in his throat— all in one go

"What do you mean— Is this because you roasted them out? What can I even give you except for a thanks? Thanks a lot for—"

"Ah, save that. I don't need your thanks. Instead, what I want is," Joobin inclined further towards the male, a genuine grin splitting across her previously mischievous features, "for you to grant me the wish of taking you out for dinner. For old time's sake, please?"

"F—for old time's sake?" The hesitation that laced the other person's voice was apparent, which also made Joobin's smile falter somehow.

"Did you really forget me so soon?" Joobin paused, and examining someone's countenance had never been so hard for her until a vague mixture of alarm and euphoria shrouded the man's face, ultimately leading her to second guess her offer.

"My hunch was right, you've forgotten me." An adult sulking regarding the smallest of matters had never appeared so endearing to the male who sat across Joobin, though he would be lying if he dismissed the possibility of him undergoing a grave amount of pain in his heart— which was kindled by the same oblivious woman who had been ceaselessly trying to have her way with him.

"It still baffles me how easy it is for you to say that..." He mumbled, engendering Joobin's curiosity exponentially.

"Huh?"

"Uh, nothing? You're very vivid in my memory, there's no way the one who battered me with a trashcan lid like there's no tomorrow, would slip off my mind that soon." As the man stifled his potential chuckles, Joobin reciprocated his merry expression too, starting to clarify soon after.

"The dinner that I'm asking you out for is due to the gratitude, plus the guilt that I feel towards you. You don't know but you're the reason I'm able to work here today. If you hadn't stopped me that day and given back my wallet to me, Heaven knows what would I have been doing right now," Joobin chortled, the sound that erupted tending to ring like a melody in the ears of the one she had addressed, "thank you..."

"Kim Seokjin." Seokjin stated as a content smile crept onto his lips.

"Mr. Kim Seokjin." Joobin repeated after Seokjin.

" Joobin repeated after Seokjin