일: PILOT

Joobin's exhaustion knew no bounds today

Having trodden down endless roads on a regular basis in vanity, one particular notion had begun to nag her tremendously as a result. These past few days, no matter how hard Joobin tried, she just would not successfully score a job that could prove to be sufficient for supporting her daily requirements. Pangs of regret continued to push her heart into the inescapable bog that she had always dreaded, and she could not help but find herself progressively succumbing to it.

"Should I have agreed to what the boss demanded of me? I wasn't the only one working there, aftervall. All the other girls readily submitted to him, which means the new regulations mustn't have been as problematic as they seemed to me... I should've done the same too, at least then I wouldn't have to fret about not being able to put food on the table for myself every single day." Joobin sighed wearily, her own self beginning to get prone to self-condemnation turning vividly apparent.

All Joobin had done to deserve being written off the employee's list was standing up for herself, for what she thought would end up being wrong of her to do. However, a part of her lauded her every now and then too, to assure her that the measure that she had adopted was indeed correct. But a meek voice from deep within also made sure to play its role of vilifying Joobin earnestly at the same time, for not efficiently adapting to the changes concerning her.

Even when Joobin had had herself immersed profoundly in this battle of hers with her own conscience, she did not waver on her track even for the slightest of second. Plodding down the same route with a constant pace, Joobin marked her proximity to her home when a wide glass wall belonging to an outlet caught her attention. She instinctively drifted her gaze to it, only to have her eyes enlarged at the same.

Not even a single decibel signaling of another presence would have been grasped by Joobin had she not decided to peer into the glass panel. The figure trailing her appeared like he had not breathed yet, nor did it look like he had placed his feet on the ground even once— for if that had been the case, a rustle, or at least a huff produced by him would have dropped into Joobin's ears. Nothing similar to sorts occurred, though.

Joobin involuntarily hastened her strides, almost on the verge of zooming off from the scene. But much to her dismay, her impulse did not aid her an ounce. Instead, the other person sped up too, making beads of cold sweat trickle down her face.

From the quick glance that she had made at that glass pane— which notified her of the unwelcomed guest— Joobin had managed to discern a striking black baseball hat donned by the figure. And thanks to that very headgear, she had also realized that she was no longer able to identify the stranger on her own now.

Slinking vigilantly into an alley, Joobin grabbed whatever she could utilize in protecting herself, and positioned as if she had never been the prey in this scenario. Skulking about with a trashcan lid hoisted up for some minutes actually bore fruit for Joobin, for the time to reverse roles had finally arrived for her.

And Joobin struck the man with that lid in her hands with all her might.

hey guys! since this is gonna be a short story, i'll save y'all the trouble of coming across my irrelevant (sometimes highly) author notes as much as i can🤣 pls do ensure to vote + comment tho, they really make my day several times better conside...

hey guys! since this is gonna be a short story, i'll save y'all the trouble of coming across my irrelevant (sometimes highly) author notes as much as i can🤣 pls do ensure to vote + comment tho, they really make my day several times better considering how wp has become an essential part of my life🥺 so yeah, i'm not gonna make y'all wait much further, since the book will be updated on a daily basis— which also means that i won't be posting the chapter links on my mb... so you'll have to add it to your reading list/library if you don't wanna miss any updates! hehe (pls do sjsjsj)
HAPPY READING🥰💗💗