"One dance?" -chapter 26

The ball was starting in an hour and y/n had only just put on her dress. She hopped on one leg in your attempt to put on her shoes, ending with her falling onto the hard floorboards.

"Y/n we got to hurry! It starts in an hour and that's how long I do my makeup for!" Hermione screeched, as she frantically searched for her hair brush.

"I'm aware!" Y/n shouted in reply while tossing her dirty clothes across the room. Her makeup was done. It was a natural gold look, still making her shine. Her straightened hair fell perfectly on her shoulders as well as her dripping diamond earrings.

"Ok ready!" Y/n breathed out as she opened her dorm door. The sound of laughter and booming music was heard from a mile away. Even though the ball was set in the great hall it sounded as if it was here in the common room.

The sound of high heels tapping against the wood made the two boy's ears perk up. They turn around their robes going with the wind.

Ron wore a tight suit, better than aunt Tessie's. It was black all the way up until his white shirt that was underneath.

Harry wore something similar just in velvet blue.

"Well don't you look handsome" y/n smiled while fixing his tie up.

"Y-you look b-beautiful" he stuttered hiding it with a cough.

"Well who's stuttering today?" Y/n asked an eyebrow raised.

"Oh shut up and kiss me" Just then their lips smashed together tongue fighting for dominance inside their mouths.

"Ok..enough of that..let's go" Ron said uncomfortably, earning a laugh from the three.

Once they stepped in, they knew it was a party. It wasn't like the Yule ball. The loud music echoed of the walls rebounding into the ears of the people in the room. Y/n had the sudden urge to dance so she shook her hips with Harry who led her to the dance floor.

Harry turned out to be a better dancer at partys than at balls. It isn't like everybody's watching you do a formal dance.

It was like a schedule everyone had.

Dance.
Sing.
Drink.
Make-out.

The couple did the same thing until Harry whispered loudly in her ear. "Let's ditch this and go somewhere else."

This sent shivers going down y.n's spine. Shuddering from his cold voice. She reluctantly nodded her head and walked out with him gripped on her hand.

He led her through the corridors, outside, to the black lake.

"Remember this is where I saved you in the second tournament" Harry pointed towards the lake before grabbing a rock.

"And this is also where I taught you how to skip a rock" Harry then through the rock into the water, doing at least five jumps.

"Impressive but I can do better" y/n then grabbed a smoother rock before skipping it. It making not even one jump.

Harry laughed before smiling softly. "Same old y/n, cheering when skipping a rock and it only doing one jump" y/n smiled at the memories before turning to face Harry. "I love you" she said softly before he replied. "I love you too"

15 years later.

"Florence! Come get your trolley!" Y/n called out to her only daughter.
"Sirius! Come get your owl" y/n called out to her only son.

The two children were chattering excitedly as they were returning to Hogwarts for their 2nd year.

Harry grabbed y/n's waist before smiling. "God. I love you and our kids" he said before kissing y/n neck.

"Ew hands off mama, dad!" Sirius called out before covering his eyes followed by Florence who peeked.

"Oh come on guys!" Y/n laughed before handing them floo powder.

"Okay. Now what do we say?" Y/n asked as the kids answered correctly at the same time.

"Train station!"

"Great now you both hurry in" y.n shuffled them in before they spoke clearly. "The train station!" In a green flash they were gone. It was now hers and Harry turn to go. They both grabbed the floo powder before saying the same words. "The train station."

Florence and Sirius went through the wall before y/n and Harry did.

They looked around before finding Ron and hermione saying bye to their kids.

"Ron!" Harry called before hugging him. Y.n smiled at hermione before giving her a warm hug. "God I missed you!' Hermione exclaimed before feeling a tug on her coat.

"Come on mummy we got to go!" Hermione's daughter, rose exclaimed.

All the parents kissed their children goodbye before they left on the Hogwarts express.

Y/n's eyes became glossy at the thought of not being at Hogwarts but her children going and starting their own little adventure at the magical school they once went to.

In the end everyone has love scars.