The yule ball date. *chapter 7

Y/n, Hermione, Harry, Ron walk into transfiguration class with professor Mcgonagall.

Y/n soon realised that boys were on one side and girls were on the other.

Y/n and Hermione picked a spot while listening to mcgonagall give her speach.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition for the triwizard tournament" she began while filch tried putting the music on.

"On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well manners" mcgonagall said eyeing a few people mostly the redhead twins.

"As representatives of Hogwarts school, each and everyone of you is to put your best foot forward and i mean this literally because the Yule ball is first and for most a dance" she said explaining herself.

The girls started chatting excitedly while the boys groaned.

"Silence" mcgonagall called.

"The house of Godrick Commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centenaries. I will not have you cause anything on this fine evening for snatching that name for behaving like bambling, bumbling, band of bamboons." She finished pursing her lips staring at everyone.

Y/n could just hear the twins on the other side of the room.

"Try saying that 5 times faster" Fred said challenging George.

"Bambling, bumbling bands of baboons-" George started but got cut of by mcgonagall.

"The dance is to let the body breathe." Mcgonagall said.

Y/n smirked knowing how Harry always holds his breath whenever they dance together.

"Inside every girl there is a swan ready to burst." Mcgonagall said being cut off by Ron's low whispers.

"Somethings about to burst out of malorie Michens but I don't think it's a swan" Ron said laughing only to be followed by seamus' s laugh.
(Sorry I didn't know what Ron said 😬)

"Inside every boy there is a lion about to pounce, Mr Weasley" mcgonagall said obviously hearing what Ron had said.

"Yes?" Ron said looking up in fear.

"Care to join me?" Mcgonagall asked while picking Ron up.

(Go professor mcgonagall, queen!!)

"Put a hand on my waist" mcgonagall said pointing to her waist.

"Where?!" Ron asked stupidly.

"On my waist!" Professor mcgonagall said placing Ron's hand on her waist.

Hermione and y/n exchanged laughs as y/n saw in the corner of her eye Harry laughing two.

Y/n whistled which caused Ron about to pounce at her which mcgonagall just held him back.

The music started playing as mcgonagall counted, Ron looking pale.

Y/n could just make out what the boys were saying.

"Your never going to let him forget this are you?" Harry asked the twins.

"Never!" They both said together.

"Everyone come together." Mcgonagall called as all the girls stood up, the boys staying still.

"Boys on your feet!" She called.

Y/n looked around her to see all boys crowding around her asking her to dance with them, but y/n only had her eyes on Harry.