Chapter 1| ʟɪғᴇ ɢᴏᴇs ᴏɴ

𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"Good morning Mr. Y/LN, you have about 1 hour before you need to be in a meeting about the final decisions on the reconstruction plans. You have 10 interviews lined up all after 3 like you asked."

I smiled and nodded as she talked me through my day.

Well let me catch you all up, since it's been a while. Remember that court battle I won against Josie and her fathers huge company?

Yeah, well I now own his entire business plus my very own. And on top of that I am now working on my very own landscaping business.

So you could say I'm doing very well for myself. I'm proud of where I'm going with things. But it hasn't all been easy.

After I lost ma, my life kinda hit rock bottom. I wasn't the same anymore. I was lost without her but I knew I had to keep myself together. So I through myself into my work. Then a couple of months after that, I was notified by my attorneys that I now had all rights to his businesses.

Let me tell ya, it was nothing less than awkward on the beginning. I had no idea what to do. But after the first six months, I got the hang of things. Changed shit around and made it my own.

Now here I am. Sitting in Y/LN headquarters smack in the middle of New York City.

I spun around in my chair as I looked at her. "Alright, sounds good. But first, Janice I thought I told you to stop being so formal with me. Just Y/N is fine."

She smiled and looked down quickly. "I-I ok- Y/N."

I chuckled and grabbed the stack of papers from her hands. "Good,  now do you mind ordering me some food. Also some for-

"Dwaddy!"

I paused my conversation and smiled as I saw my baby run over to me. "Aw hi son, how was your day."

Yes so I know I have a lot to catch you up on. I have a son now. Noah, he just turned two years old.

So maybe you guessed it already, but if not then I'll just tell you. After the court hearing with the company and putting Josie behind bars. I found out that she was indeed pregnant.. with my child.

At first I was not for it at all. I didn't know what I was gonna do. But- when I saw his face once she gave birth, all my doubts flew out of the window. I knew he was mine. And I've been attached to him ever since that day.

He smiled at me and nodded. "Good!"

"Well that's good, bubba. I am so happy to see you here." I said poking his stomach and kissing his cheeks making him giggle and twist and turn.

My son is such an adorable kid. I'm blessed to have him, even though it didn't start off that way. I wouldn't trade him for anything in this world.

"No! Stawp dwaddy!" He laughed pushing my hands away.

"He was amazing, sorry for interrupting he just really wanted to see you

"He was amazing, sorry for interrupting he just really wanted to see you." His helper said with a nervous smile.

I waved her off and grabbed my wallet out of my pocket. "Oh please it's not a problem. Here, take the rest of the day off. Thank you for bringing him to me Grace."

She smiled hesitantly taking the money. She's always been too prideful.

"Now we have fun Dada!"

I smiled and hugged his little body to mine. "Ughh I love you so much bud. You know that right?"

He giggled. "Duh."

I chuckled at his choice of vocabulary. "How about you go and play while daddy finishes up work. Then we'll go and pick up your sister and get ice cream."

His eyes grew big and he bounced in my arms. "Ice cream and sister!"

My buzzer went off indicating someone was at the front desk. "Yes what is it?"

"Umm Mr.- I mean Y/N, your new real estate agent is here for your appointment."

I sighed deeply before glancing at my watch.. "Send him up."

After about three minutes there was a knock on my door. Making me look up from my computer and papers. "Yep, it's open."

Oh wowww.

I cannot believe this. Was I seeing correctly? I had to be.

"Hey, I'm Dalton." He smiled holding his hand out to me. He had the nerve to be standing here smiling up in my face.

I stared down at him for a second and suddenly all of the memories from the one night flew into my mind.

The last night I spoke to her.

Flashback

"Ariana, what are you doing here?"

She cried into her hands and shook her head. "Please Y/N stop ignoring me."

"Why do you expect for me to do Ariana! You chose where you wanna be-

"But you don't understand."

"No you don't understand. I am a parent first before anything. And right now I am hurting Bria by putting her through this shit. You said you wanted this back at the hospital a couple of months ago, but you obviously don't."

She grabbed my hands and tugged them towards her body. "But I do Y/N. I do want this!"

"Really? If you want this then please explain to me why I caught you with your damn tongue down Dalton's throat! You said you were just going to get your things, I thought it was over, but you just keep making a fool out of me."

"Baby I-I love you. That was just a mistake- I promise to god it will never ever happen again."

I nodded my head slowly as I felt tears began to fall from my eyes. I slowly pulled my hands from her grip. "Yeah you're right. Because I won't give you an opportunity to hurt me anymore. You want him, then go and be with him Ariana. I'm done here and so are you."

She opened her mouth to speak but I just walked past her and opens the door for her to leave. "Goodbye Ariana."

End of flashback

"Why the hell are you here?"

He shrugged pulling his hand back. "Welp, I got notice that you needed a realtor- and here I am."

He got notice? What the hell does he mean by that?

But instead of saying anything about it, I just inhaled and let it go. I nodded and offered him a seat in front of me as I sat back in my chair. "Well you're late. So how about we get to work."

_

ᴏᴍɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏssssssss

ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ sᴇǫᴜᴇʟ🥳🤓✨

ɪ'ᴍ sᴏ ᴇxᴄɪᴛᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs & ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ! ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ sᴏ ғᴀʀ ᴘʟsss 💭

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ/ sᴏ sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs 🐳

_