Twenty-Eight

"You betray me now?", without showing a hint of emotions, Kratos eyed you up and down.

His shoulders were relaxed, the wounds that you had caused were already healing. He wasn't seriously injured by the attacks of yours, but he seemed more hurt on the inside than he wanted to admit.

The sight of him standing there, looking at you, made your heart ache. For a second your mind slipped and the desire to let blood run like rivers faded.

But as soon as your eyes left him, the feeling returned and your mind was corrupted again.

A laugh filled your chest, strange and almost insane.

"Tell me, man of anger, what makes you fear? Do you feel pain? Do you sink into it sometimes and loose yourself in it?", you lowered your head and eyed him. "Have you ever wanted to give up because it was too much to bare?"

His face curled and a sudden wave of pain crossed his eyes.

He stumbled, as memories filled his inner eye. Memories of forgotten times and different worlds filled him, awakening the pain of hundreds of years and the loss of a family that would never be forgotten, but buried deep inside of his broken shell.

The feeling of being trapped on this earth filled his chest.

The sight of him trembling and fighting back a few tears made you stop and freeze in shock.

Your heart dropped. All of a sudden, your head was as clear as dawn.

But the moment of weakness faded quickly and Kratos returned, the god of war, the man that used violence and death like a tool instead of the father and broken man that had lost everything.

A fire began to burn in his eyes, the gold darkened and began to shift to a reddish blur.

"Enough.", he thundered in his deep voice. "You are not yourself."

With a deafening scream, he spread his arms, revealing a chest that was as broad as a bear and as strong as stone.

Power surrounded him, causing the floor below his feet to crack and scream as it broke into pieces. A red shimmer danced in the air.

As it touched your arm it made your skin tingle. The little hairs rose as if electricity had stroked you.

"I am very much my self.", you said, teeth pressed together.

Quick as a fox, you jumped at him, managing to land another blow at him. Your nails dug deep into his side, scratched down his entire torso and exited his body at the height of his pelvis.

Blood rushed out of the scratched, which were surprisingly deep and resembled the cuts of blades. It was strange, usually your nails were not that dangerous.

The ecstasy must have hardened them.

Or was it another effect of this strange magic?

A sound of pain escaped Kratos, not a scream but louder than a usual breath. He reached out for you, his hands clenched into fists. As his hands hit the stone floor, the temple began to shake as if it was an earthquake.

Stone came crumbling from the walls and dust twirled up, covering the room like a veil.

But you were quicker than him, jumped back and twirled around, positioning yourself right behind him. You wanted to use the advantage of him being blinded by the dust and jump on his back again.

But Kratos wasn't a fool.

He twirled around just in the right moment to catch you in the air. His arms rushed forward, grabbing you and pushing you to the ground.

The power he had made you slip off your feet.

Without thinking, you dug your nails into his arm and held into it. His strength surprised you, never before you had felt this helpless and weak.

As your back hit a solid wall, blood flew out of your mouth.

Coughing and twisting in pain, you held onto his arm and dug your nails into it. His blood covered your fingers, warm and sticky.

His lips twitched.

He was feeling the pain, but it didn't overpower him. He wasn't willing to obey the pain, especially not such a small one.

"Kill me now or never, man of anger.", you whispered, blood covering your lips.

He let out a hum, angry and impatient. With extra pressure he pressed you against the wall, earning a sharp scream of pain from you.

"I do not wish to kill you.", he said.

His breath was heavy. But it couldn't have been because of exhaustion. He had barley moved, you were not a worthy opponent of his power.

So why was it hard to great for him?

"Kill me.", you said, filled with unnatural anger.
He shook his head.

"Kill me!", you demanded louder.

"No."

"Kill! Me!"

Suddenly, his fist rushed forward.

It was so sudden, your heart skipped a beat.

Your breath flinched. The anger was gone, fear spread.

All of a sudden everything was gone. All that was left was the thought that he wanted to kill you with his own two hands. Not being able to look at it you squeezed your eyes shut.

His fist hit the wall right next to your head with all its might. The impact was so heavy, that your head began to hurt even though it didn't hit you directly.

A thin thread of red dripped out of your nose, drawing a line to your chin.

Dust filled the air.

It was hard to breath and your lungs felt like they were squeezing together on their own, trying to suffocate you.

The magic that had grabbed you was gone. Your head was empty, but clear at the same time. Everything was as if you saw it through different eyes, clearer and more real than reality itself.

"Now.", Kratos voice made you shiver to the core. "Are you yourself again?"

He had his head leaned against your chest. His breath was calm, he was looking down. His hands rested next to you, his weight held you in place.

Taking a deep, shaky breath, you let your head fall back and closed your eyes.

Pain filled your body.

"Forgive me.", you whispered.

Kratos x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara