Four

"Who are you?", Kratos voice was calm but threatening.

It was so deep, that his words vibrated through your entire body, sending shivers down your spine.

Surprised, your eyes fell onto him, wide open.

"Who? Me?", you asked, pointing at yourself.

"Who else would it be?", Atreus screamed form behind his father.

He had his little knife grabbed tightly.

There was a shimmer burning in his eyes.

He was ready to fight the world, even though he was just armed with a simple knife that looked barely more threatening than a fork.

"Oh, why hello there, young man. You look like quite a warrior.", you said, tilting your head and crossing both arms in front of your chest. "Be careful with that. Getting cut can cause serious blood infections and diseases."

"Stop this nonsense and answer my question!", threatening, Kratos raised his axe.

You raised an eyebrow. For a moment, your eyes wandered over his body, taking in every little detail about him.

He was tall, almost like a giant and his skin was as grey as ashes. There was a red tattoo covering his body. It seemed to be a line of some sort.

Maybe it had a meaning that you did not knew about.

His head was bald but he had a beard that made up for the lack of hair. The brown was already painted with a little bit of grey, hinting that he must have been older than his muscular physique gave away.

"Why, hello to you too, stranger. Forgive my ignorance but I wasn't paying attention. What was your question again?", politely, you smiled and leaned forward to hear better.

Irritated by your loose words, Kratos rushed forward and grabbed you by the collar to pin you on the wall.

"Are you trying to make a fool of me?", he asked, so close that his warm breath hit your cold face.

"Not really, no. I have no desire to feed your anger issues. Say, are you always this unfriendly to your guests?"

"You are not my guest."

"I am in your house, I assume. That would make me a guest."

"I didn't invite you."

"Well, indeed, that is the truth. But surprise guests are still guests, wouldn't you agree?"

With a deep growl, Kratos secured you on the wall with a knife. While doing so, his eyes wandered over your body, as if he was looking for something familiar or a reason to kill you.

"You are not from here.", he said, lowering his axe.

With a broad grin, you rolled your eyes and laughed.

"Well I'm glad you noticed. Indeed, I was looking for someone and kind of got lost. This area seems to have a serious problem with frost monsters and trolls. Did you realise that? Not a very good place to settle with a child, if you ask me. Anyways, before you loose your temper, man of strength, let me introduce myself. I am (Y/N), mortal born and risen to shine at the side of the gods. I am a simple healer, keeper of every knowledge in all of the worlds.", you tried to bow but the fact that your feet were not touching the ground made it a lot harder than expected. "Unfortunately, I am a little less my usual self today. Maybe that's why I fell through your roof into the fireplace. It's a lovely home you have here, by the way. Winters must he great while cold air is slipping through every possible crack."

"That's enough.", with a displeased growl, Kratos grabbed you by the shoulders and wanted to throw you out.

But Mimir held him back.

"Hold your horses for a minute, lad! Let me take a look at our friend.", the head insisted.

"Not a friend.", Kratos said.

But Mimir talked to him for a moment. The more he talked, the less angry the huge man seemed to be.

The anger turned into mistrust and the mistrust into a glare that told you not to make any stupid moves. He would have killed you instantly.

"Now come here, come here.", Mimir said thrilled. "Let me look, oh! Oh, yes (Y/N)! I can't believe it. Child, it has been so long! I can't believe that you out of all the people are here."

For a moment, you eyed the head up and down.

It was a strange picture, the head of an old man hanging from a nail, while his sliced throat was revealed to the entire world.

Unsure, you tilted your head, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you... no, this can't be. You're not that old grumpy man that was stuck in a tree.", you mumbled.

Mimir laughed.

"Ha, that's me, exactly. I am the man that was trapped forever."

"Oh. Well, it looks like you've found someone who had enough brutality to cut your head from your shoulders. That's... good for you, I suppose. How did you end up in a cabin like this? With a man with anger issues and a boy that has energy for a thousand men?"

"Hey!", Atreus yelled. "I'm just lively for my age."

With a grin, you looked over your shoulder.

"Is that what your mother tells you? Ha, yeah moms are always too soft to their children. Anyways, Mimir, you are exactly who I needed to find. What a good thing that I was able to trace your head."

Superseded yet thrilled, the head raised his eyebrows.

"Oh, is that so? What do you want? Must be important if the one that knows everything is coming to see me of all people.", his voice had a mocking undertone.

The fact that you needed his help was honey to his ears. He had always wished for this day to come.

"Make it quick.", Kratos interrupted.

Rolling your eyes, you nodded.

"There is no short story to my misery, man of anger. I need a bit of time to explain him the details."

"Leave the details out."

"But they are important. Very important to be exact."

"Then shorten them."

With a long, exhausted sigh, you let your head fall back and closed your eyes.

"I will try to explain it to your pleasing.", you said, massaging the bridge of your nose. "Oh boy it's already starting off great."