Chapter 49 The Truth

Felicia went inside her daughter's nursery to look at her one final time before she went to bed. Baby Ava was sleeping on her stomach inside her crib. She tried to call Alejandro's phone again but it went to voicemail. It was almost seven pm so she knew that he'd be home soon. She came out of the nursery, closed the door, and went into the bedroom. She sent him a text message and then she went to bed.

*

Alejandro opened the door to his house. The place was quiet. It was after nine in the night. He had come home late when he knew that Felicia would be sleeping. He knew that he should confront her to hear her side of the story but he just couldn't do it now. He was too upset and he didn't know how to handle situations like these. The only way he knew how was to use his gun and he couldn't kill the love of his life. His wife and his daughter's mother. He went inside the bedroom and saw that she was sleeping. He stretched his hand out to touch her on the forehead but he pulled it back. He took a shower and put on his black sweatpants, a black shirt, and his black slide sandal. 

He went inside the nursery to check on baby Ava. He saw that she was sleeping. He leaned over inside the crib and kissed her forehead. He stood beside the crib for a little while watching her as she slept. He came out of the nursery and turned on his cell phone. He saw missed calls from Ingrid, Isabel, Joel, and Felicia. He read the text message that she sent him: 

Wifey: Babe, I've been trying to call you and it's going to voicemail. Please call me when you get this message. I 🖤 you. 

'You love me, huh?' He murmured to himself as he closed the phone screen and put it inside his pocket. 

He went downstairs and sat down on a chair inside his study. He was drinking a glass of Jack Daniels and he didn't feel hungry. He texted Joel and told him to come to the office tomorrow to work and that he wanted to go to the trap house. He knew Felicia would come to the office to see him and he didn't want to see her. 

He was trying to clear his head and be calm. He was going to confront her about it when his mind was in a better state. He was going to ask her if she wanted an out. If she wanted a divorce, he would give it to her. The only thing that he wanted was to be a part of his daughter's life. No one was going to prevent him from being a part of her life. No one. He leaned back in the chair and thought to himself. 

*

Felicia woke up with a terrible headache. She stretched her hands and felt Alejandro's side of the bed and it was cold. She was planning to tell him everything that Damian did to her but she never saw him. She realized that he didn't sleep in the bed beside her. She got up and went inside the bathroom to do her hygiene. She saw that he had come home last night because she saw the clothing that he had worn to work the day before. She knew immediately that something was wrong. She called his cell phone; it rang and then it went to voicemail. She knew that Alejandro would never avoid her. She realized that he found out about what had happened. Maybe, someone at the club saw her leaving with Damian and told him. She was going to give baby Ava a bath, then go to the office, and tell him everything that had happened. She was going to ask Ingrid to babysit for her. She did her hygiene and went inside the nursery to check on Baby Ava. 

*

Alejandro put the money to count inside the currency counting machine. Joel was at the office working for him. Two new workers were at the trap house, Jessica and Ace. Jessica was a tall light-skinned butch lesbian and Ace was a short dark-skinned guy. Joel had hired them after Andrae died. They knew that no one could replace Andrae because he was a dedicated and hard-working person. He heard his phone ringing. He looked at it and saw that it was Felicia calling him. He ignored the call. A few minutes after, it rang again. This time it was his mother calling. He took it up off the desk and answered it.