Chapter 22 Secrets Revealing (Part 1)

Felicia showed off her lovely engagement ring at the hospital to her co-workers. Everyone told her that they were happy that she had finally found the one. They knew that she was picky and selective regarding who she dated.

After the party was over, she and Alejandro went home together. She felt bad that Dantae did not make it to the party. He was like a brother to her. She, Renee, and Dantae all grew up together in Brooklyn.

***

Alejandro was in a meeting and all he could concentrate on was Felicia. He was lost to everything that was going on around him. He heard his assistant, Judy, calling him which snapped him back to reality. 

***

"Hey, baby girl, how are you?" Alejandro sat in his Jacuzzi smoking. He had just gotten home from work and he was feeling so exhausted. 

"I'm good, babe. You called at the right time because I'm just getting ready to leave work. I feel so happy that tomorrow is my day off. I can relax and get some rest."

"That's good." He said, blowing the smoke into the air. "You were on my mind all day today. I can't wait to have you in my arms tomorrow so that I can show you just how beautiful you are, baby girl."

"The feeling is mutual, babe," Felicia said blushing. "What are you doing now?"

"I'm sitting in the jacuzzi. I'm thinking about how beautiful and sexy you are. I want you right now, baby girl." His voice was husky. "When are you moving in with me?"

"Alejandro, you had it all last night. I was planning on moving in over the weekend." She said while looking at the time. "Alejandro, I'm going to leave now. I'll call you when I get home. Love you. Bye."

"Baby girl, remember what I told you. Do not hesitate to call me, mi amor. I Love you more than words can say." He said to her. 

"I know that you do. I'll call you if I see anything suspicious." Felicia hung up her cell phone. She clocked out and grabbed her things and went inside the elevator. 

***

Felicia turned on the lights inside her apartment. She threw her handbag on the sofa and took off her clothes. She took a shower and called Alejandro. They talked for almost an hour. She made some hot chocolate and checked her emails. She also checked her social media accounts. Afterward, she did her hygiene and went to bed. 

***

"Good morning, bestie. Wake up you, sleepyhead." Renee's voice sounded in her ears.

"Good morning, Ren. What time is it?"

"It's eight-thirty and I'm at work. Dantae said that he has been trying to call you but not getting through. He feels bad about missing your engagement party."

"Yeah, he texted telling me congratulations when I was at the hospital. My battery had died, I got up earlier and put it on charge. I'll call him later in the day. Is he at work now?"

"Yes, he is. I need to start working so I'll text you."

"Okay, Ren. Bye," Felicia put her phone back down on the nightstand and went back to sleep. 

***

Felicia got up at eleven am in the morning. She did her hygiene and made muffins and black coffee for her breakfast. She ate and went back to sleep.

It was in the evening when Felicia woke up to her cell phone ringing. It was Alejandro calling her.

"Yes, babe. I'm sorry that I missed your calls earlier. I was sleeping. What's up?"