Chapter 4 Joel

"Alejandro, we have some shipments coming in today," Joel informed him.

They were sitting inside Joel's office at the trap house. 

"That's good. I want to be here when they arrive. You're doing a good job running things around here, bro." Alejandro said to Joel as he looked around the office. 

"I told you that I can do this, man. So, when is Isabel going back to New Jersey?" Joel asked him.

"Tomorrow." He replied to him. "Her fiancé Mark is flying in today. I told Judy to arrange for a driver to pick him up at the airport. Joel, I have a job for Ben. I need all the information that I can get on this chick name Felicia including her cell phone number. I have no last name." Alejandro said to him. 

Judy was Alejandro's personal assistant at his financial firm in New York City.

"I'm on it. I'll let him do it immediately. Who's this chick?" Joel asked him. He was so curious to know who this girl was.

Ben was their IT guy and he was a genius where technology was concerned.

"She's nobody important, man. I met her yesterday while I was having dinner with Isabel. She's a friend of Isabel's college roommate. She gave me a hard time and it's obvious that she doesn't know that I always get what I want, no matter the cost." Alejandro bragged.

"This Felicia chick, it seems that she has you hooked already, man. She must be a pretty woman." Joel said to him as he counted the money. 

"She's more than pretty, man, she's stunning. I want her in my life with that witty mouth of hers." Alejandro said as he signed a few papers for him. 

Joel laughed because he knew that his friend would not stop until he had this girl. Joel's phone rang and he answered it and assured the person that they were on their way.

"The shipments are here. Let's get a move on it." Joel told him.

They both left his office to see them. When they got to the shipments, Alejandro pulled out a package and tasted the white powdery substance to ensure that it was the real thing. He nodded at Joel.

                           __________

"Shawn, you and the other men pack them away," Alejandro ordered. 

Shawn was one of the workers at the trap house.

"I'll do that, boss," Shawn replied to him. "It's good to see you
around here." 

"I've been so busy with things at the office. Continue to hold it down with Joel and the other men." Alejandro said to him.

Shawn respected Alejandro and all that the family has done for him. When his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer ten months ago, Alejandro paid for her medical bills and he also sent his younger sister to college and took care of his kids and his baby mother. Shawn's loyalty will forever remain with Alejandro. 

Shawn nodded his head at Alejandro and went back to work.

                              _____

Alejandro's phone rang aloud in his pocket.

"Hello, mom." He said with a smile on his face. "You must be wondering where I am." 

It was his mother, Ingrid.

"I was and that's why I decided to give you a call, my amazing son. How are you, baby?"

"I'm okay, mom. I want to come and see you this weekend. Is everything okay?" He asked her with concern in his voice.

"Everything is fine." She reassured him. "Isabel is here with me. She told me that you two had dinner yesterday."

"Yes, we did. I had a wonderful time, mom. It was just like old times."

"That's lovely, sweetheart. Where are you now?" Ingrid asked him.

"I'm at the trap house. Things are looking pretty good here."

"Okay. Give my kind regards to Joel and the other guys. Antonio would've been so happy to see you now, baby."

There was silence. 

"I'll do that, mom. I know, I miss him every goddamn day." Alejandro said to his mother. 

"So do I but he's at peace now. I will not keep you any longer. Please be careful. I love you." Ingrid's voice was cracking up because of the tears in her eyes.

"I will, mom. I love you too, bye."
He disconnected the call. 

Alejandro went and informed Joel that he was heading back to the office.

                           __________

Felicia had just finished talking with her supervisor. She went to check on her patients. She stopped at Mr. Black's room. He was in a coma for almost a week but thankfully he is awake for two days now. 

"How are you feeling today, Mr. Black?" Felicia asked him as she checked his vitals. 

"I'm feeling great." He responded. "It feels good to be back among the living, nurse Jones." 

"That's good. Now that you're awake, let us help you to gain your strength back." She administered to him and left to check on her next patient. 

She completed her remaining duties and clocked out when her shift was over. 

While standing in the elevator, she felt a bit exhausted and relieved that her shift was over for the day. 

                              ___________

Felicia texted Renee when she got home and was invited to dinner over at Renee's apartment. Renee was cooking her favorite meal. Dantae was also there with Renee.

Felicia took a shower and added some light makeup to her face. She put on a black spaghetti strap bodysuit and blue high-waisted pants. She quickly put on her flat sandals, grabbed her car keys, and went through the door. 

                            ___________