𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐

Start from the beginning

Taking my time, I unplugged my air pods and placed them in my bag, including my phone. I started packing the sniper and closed the silver case. Making my way out of the car park, I dis-activated the sensor and took it. While walking down the stairs, I placed the sensor device in my bag.  

After carefully sneaking out of the building, through the backdoor, I walked back to the street I was dropped off. I brought out my phone and started booking a Grab. A few minutes passed, my Grab arrived. I got in. I told greeted the driver with my usual sweet smile, before telling him my destination. 

During the drive, I received a text from Tamara.

TEXT

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝗲:

𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱?

𝗠𝗲:

𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲.

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝗲:

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗹. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸?

𝗠𝗲:

𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝗲:

𝗞𝗸. 𝗦𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗮! 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗮 𝘁𝗼𝗻𝘀.

𝗠𝗲:

𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼𝗼.

I sighed and leaned my head on the car window, banging it softly. 

This is your life. This is your life. This is your life.

A notification popped on my phone. I brought the phone up to my face, it was my father. 

TEXT

𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿:

𝗘𝘀𝘁-𝗰𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗲 𝗰'𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝘁 ? (Is it done?)

𝗠𝗲:

𝗢𝘂𝗶 (Yes)

𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿:

𝗕𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗼 𝗺𝗮 𝗰𝗵é𝗿𝗶𝗲. 𝗝𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿è𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗶. (Well done sweetheart. I'm very proud of you.)

𝗠𝗲:

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿.

𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿:

𝗝𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝘀 𝗱é𝘀𝗼𝗹é 𝗰𝗵é𝗿𝗶𝗲. Mais accepterais-tu une autre tâche? (I'm sorry sweetheart. But would you accept another task?)

I thought about it. Another task? What happens to the normal experience? But normal for me, was this. After a heavy sigh, I replied to his text.