57. Always with You

Mikasa stopped as she immediately recognized the room she was in, and that damn head of blonde hair sitting at the table in that simple white room. She sighed as she approached the table and sat down across from the blonde. "Ymir,"

"Mikasa" she responded with a smile, "So, you saved her?"

Mikasa took a sip of the tea cup in front of her, and rolled her eyes, "no thanks to you,"

Ymir frowned, and cleared her throat, "about that..."

"Unless you have good news, I don't want to fucking hear it." Mikasa growled, "You've done enough for the rest of eternity - just let her live whatever time she has-"

"The curse is ended," Ymir said with a cocky smile, "We figured it out about half-way through the pregnancy,"

Mikasa raised an eyebrow, and heard shuffling footsteps behind her, "We?"

"Hey,"

Mikasa froze. She knew that voice all too well. She thought she was never going to hear it again. The last time she had heard that voice, it declared that it had always hated her. Without a moment's hesitation, she turned around. And there he was. Exactly as she would hope he would be. His messy brown hair was trimmed into a neater style, and the bags were gone from under his sparkling green eyes. He was in a simple pair of jeans and a white shirt. But most importantly, he was smiling.

"Eren?" she spoke breathlessly, and as soon as their eyes met she leaped from her chair and ran to him, wrapping her arms around him. She let out a soft sob as she clung to him, her fingers clenching into his clothing while the other hand found the back of his head and laced her fingers through his hair. She could feel his arms around her, holding her tightly, with the warmth of his embrace giving her comfort and letting her know he was really there with her. She pulled back from their embrace, and moved the hand that was in his hair to his face, cupping it gently. "I- I don't understand..."

He let out a soft laugh, and a smile threatened the corners of his lips as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "You really think I would let Captain Levi lose that one chance in happiness that he has?"

"It's all thanks to him... he figured out that it was easy - a life for a life...So I... forced a sacrifice..." Ymir sighed, "You did great, Eren,"

Mikasa laughed, and pressed her nose to his, "Thank you,"

"Mikasa, I have to ask you something," Eren choked back a sob as he looked down into her eyes, and pulled her even closer to him, "are you... happy?"

"I wish you were with me," Mikasa couldn't help it. After three long years of visiting his grave and praying to the heavens to see him one day again.

"Hey," Eren cupped her face and pressed his forehead against her own. "I told you to let go of me,"

"I'm trying,"

He smiled at her. "Good," He chuckled. "Horseface is gonna make you happy," They both laughed at the nickname that they once used so many years ago.

"He will," Mikasa nodded.

"He better," Eren arched an eyebrow.

Mikasa looked up into those sparkling eyes of Emerald green that she so adored, and had for so long. "I...I should go..." she stuttered out, knowing that if she stayed any longer she would beg to never leave that place. She wanted nothing more than to stay in that moment with him forever. She quickly removed her arms from being around him, and moved a hand to her scarf. "I... I love you, Eren."