Comfort

7 Days Before the Wedding of Armin Arlert & Annie Leonhardt

"Oh my goooddd" Sarina whined, looking at the brick building in front of her. "As if that fucking train ride wasn't enough? Now we have to wait out here. Ugh" she complained, looking at Hitch with annoyance not only in her voice, but also in her eyes. "Should we really have let Connie take the lead on the first one?"

Hitch nodded. "I think Connie is more than capable of leading those two into this, and getting them out safely". Suddenly, they saw three figures running towards them before ducking next to them.

"That was close!" Connie exclaimed as he panted, and quickly took off the Yeagerist jacket he was wearing. "We need to get out of here though!"

Gabi and Falco followed suit, removing the jackets and replacing them with oversized, long, black leather coats that covered their pants. The Jackets were bundled up and thrown into Sarina's bag, and as soon as they looked well enough they stood up and walked through the alleyway.

Sarina turned around when she reached the end of the alleyway - "Wait!" she called out, "I wanna watch" she grinned, and only 30 seconds later she could hear a loud bang, followed by the screams of people as they scattered, and a flume of black smoke escaping the building. Seconds later, three more bangs followed, and the entire Yeagerist base was up in flames.

"1 down, 5 to go!" Sarina exclaimed as she took Hitch's hand and skipped to the stables where their horses were waiting for them.

4 Days Before the Wedding of Armin Arlert & Annie Leonhardt

"What?" Historia asked in disbelief, "How...How many?" she asked, needing clarification form her advisor

The advisor sighed. "All of them, your majesty," he repeated himself. "Every Yeagerist base was blown to bits. We don't know who arsonists are, but clearly they have an agenda."

Levi scoffed, sitting in a chair at the edge of the room while Anya sat in his lap with one arm around her neck. "They deserve it" he grumbled as he ran his fingers through Anya's hair, now cut so short because of those scum that dared lay a hand on her.

"In addition," the second advisor spoke up, "there have been reports of Yeagerists who were off base at the time being assaulted and even murdered."

Historia rolled her eyes. "Murdered?" she repeated, a grim look growing on her face. "What are we going to do?" she asked, looking at Levi and Anya.

The first advisor cleared his throat, "What's more, according to law enforcement reports, all of the murders had a clear pattern in body disposal... Akin to..." he paused, clearing his throat and swallowing before reading the rest. "Kenny the Ripper"

Anya let out a giggle, and Levi couldn't help but smile. Historia shot them both a knowing look. "And for the assaults, was there any description of the assailants?" she asked, still looking at the couple.

"Actually yes!" the second advisor perked up. "The reports had a few commonalities. In every case it was reported there were two men and three women who attacked!"

Anya perked up, and looked at Levi. Almost in unison, they shouted. "Call off the search!" Levi shot Historia a knowing look, and Anya smiled.

Historia rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Right, call off the investigations. It seems they're doing a favor to the capital and the people of Paradis. However, if any civilians are injured that aren't affiliated with the Yeagerists, tell me right away" she ordered, "if that's all, please leave"

The two advisors gathered their documents and left, looking at each other and trying to figure out why the Queen would call off the search. As soon as the door was closed, an eruption of laughter could be heard from Anya.