The 104th Cadet Corps

Later that day

The morning had gone just as they expected it to - hectic. Between packing bags for a week-long trip, getting the young princess ready for a big trip outside the capital, and pulling Sarina out of bed to go with them - Anya was already exhausted by the time Historia had everyone board the train. And yet, as crazy as their morning had been, here they were on a train to Shiganshina - sitting in a coach that was literally fit for a queen.

Historia watched as her daughter played on the carpeted floors, Sarina lay asleep and half-drunk in a chair, Gabi and Falco were arguing about who is going to tell everyone they knew that they've decided to make their relationship official the night before. Anya's head was on Levi's shoulder as he glanced out the window, watching the scenery. He hadn't taken the train into Shiganshina before, and was apprehensive when Historia suggested it. He listened to Anyas shallow breaths as she napped, one arm tightly locked with his, the other falling into her lap. He felt sleep drifting him off again, slowly, as he looked down at her calm face and admired every part of it - from the laugh lines the graced the corners of her lips, to the long eyelashes that framed her eyes so beautifully. There was no sight he would rather drift off into his dreams looking at.

"Hey, Levi!" Furlan looked towards his friend as they walked up to the place Furlan had been living, which was now going to be Levi's home as well, since Kenny had left him with nothing.

"Yeah?" Levi responded, haphazardly searching his pocket for a key as the bags in his hands grew heavy.

"What do you want to be when we get out of here?" Furlan asked, looking at the 15 year old boy - small in frame, but not in attitude. He wasn't sure what kind of response he was expecting.

Levi sighed, finally finding the key in his pocket. "I don't know, I just want to lead a peaceful life? Somewhere that's clean?"

"Do you want to get married?" Furlan asked, averting his gaze to Anya as he placed the boxes in his hands on the ground, who was at the bottom of the stairs and carrying a large box.

"I don't know." Levi responded, a blush across his cheeks.

"I bet you do. I bet she does too" Furlan responded, feeling a soft punch from Levi as Anya approached them

"What?" Anya asked, putting the box down and frowning. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing!" Levi responded, opening the door and bringing in the assortment of bags and boxes. He sighed, and looked back to Furlan. "I guess, when we get out of here, I'd like to own a tea shop."

Furlan smiled "is that all?" he asked, gesturing towards Anya and making Levi blush again. Anya paid no attention, she was trying to get the too-large-for-the-doorframe box in without denting it. Levi walked up to her, and helped her navigate it inside. She giggled as he helped her and smiled as she stood in the doorway, giving him a kiss on the cheek before he could walk away.

"I'm going to open a bakery!" Anya exclaimed. "That way I can make people happy with the food I make for them! Just like you two are always happy when I bring you sweets!"

Levi smiled, looking at the exuberant girl. Furlan cleared his throat. "You know what goes really well together?" he asked, watching as Levi admired Anya, her standing there none the wiser.

"Hmm?" Levi asked as Anya looked at Furlan with a puzzled glance

"Tea and Sweets" Furlan responded, walking into the bedroom and leaving the two of them in the living room, looking at each other confused yet smiling, shrugging, and bringing more of Levi's possessions inside.