Demands

Esther closed the door, seeing that two men were approaching quickly. "Anya?" she asked, a sour expression on her face. "What kind of sick joke is this! Who are you?"

Sarina pulled her bright blue bolo tie out of her jacket. "Sarina Voman, Military Police." she responded with a sigh "ok, Former Military Police"

"And you're here because?" Esther asked, "I never put out a missing person's report on Anya - we know what happened to her. So state your business and get out of my home"

"Oh, do you?" Sarina chuckled "You sure you know what happened to her?"

Esther shifted in place. "Well, yes. My father killed her" she responded "She was only 15 years old, and she was pregnant."

"Oh, I see. And what happened to dear old dad after that?" Sarina asked, a smirk on her face and glint in her eye as she spoke.

"My father was found dead. He was murdered by an old family friend"

Sarina hummed, kicking her shoes up onto the table. "And how long ago was that?" she asked, a coolness in her voice that set Esther's soul on fire.

"844" Esther responded "So unless you have something to tell me about either of their deaths, please leave my home"

Sarina sighed as she put her feet back down, resting her chin on her arms as she placed her elbows on her knees. "That's actually exactly what I'm here to do, actually."

Esther looked taken aback by the statement. She hadn't heard anything of her family since the Military Police came to her home to tell her of her fathers death. She hadn't heard anything of Anya since Levi went to buy her citizenship - at that, he was so cold the whole time - barely like she remembered him. "Ok, so..." she started

"Your cousin is alive, she's probably pregnant with Levi's child but won't listen to any of us - even him, and also your sister killed your dad and me and Kenny the Ripper helped her hide the body." Sarina said bluntly, opening her flask and taking a swig of the burning liquid. "What I'm most concerned about though, is why you all seem to die so young..."

Esther was in shock. All of this news being dropped on her so quickly, she went and took a seat next to Sarina, putting out her hand and motioning for the flask. Sarina obliged and she took a swig of it before handing it back. "So, Anya is alive?" she asked, a tear escaping her as she felt her heart burst with joy.

"Yup! I've been stuck with her the last 22 years. I don't know how you did it for so long" Sarina responded "She's so damn whiny, and needy. Well, she was until Levi came along"

Esther couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, sounds like her. But what do you mean came along?" she asked, thinking back to how damn needy Anya could be when it came to Levi.

"Oh, they were separated for 22 years. They actually just got back together about a month ago. Hey, do you have any more booze?" she explained, as Esther stood up and brought over a bottle of whiskey and poured them each a glass.

"22 years?" Esther asked "I mean, I guess last time I saw him I did tell him she was dead"

Sarina averted her gaze from the alcohol to Esther's bright green eyes. "Oh, So you're the one that told him that. Do you realize how much that fucked them both up? Two decades of thinking the other was dead. Two decades. Now, they can't spend a moment away from each other. You, this is your fault"

Esther felt the lump in her throat. "This is not my fault!" she protested. "I thought she was dead too!"

Sarina rolled her eyes. "You ever bother to look?" she asked