A Suit, A Dress, A Dare

Two Months Later

Two months flew by, as Levi and Anya prepared for their wedding and began preparing their home for the children they were expecting in just 5 months time. Ever since being brought back to each other, they couldn't wait to do all of the things they had previously missed out on that it seemed like every other couple had been afforded. But time didn't matter to them, and nor did the curse that hung over their heads - they now had all the time in the world, and every piece of the puzzle they needed to assure Anya's safety.

Levi smiled to himself as he took one last look in the mirror of the small shop - He was wearing the suit he would be marrying her in, and a tailor was adding the finishing touches before the wedding. He was never one to appreciate his looks much, but he couldn't deny that he felt incredibly handsome in the suit he was wearing, tailored perfectly - black pants and jacket, a white shirt, and an ocean blue vest with a tie and handkerchief to match. The shade of blue brought out the specks of blue in his grey eyes, and was sure to compliment Anya as well. He got lost in thought thinking about how beautiful she was sure to look, and there was a part of him that couldn't believe that the very next day was the day he was marrying his childhood sweetheart.

Gone were the days of overwhelming loneliness, of cursing the gods for taking her away from him. Gone were the nights he'd pull his hair out and crash to the floor, the nights where he longed to go home to her but found an empty room in the barracks instead. Gone were the times he would fall asleep and dream of having a home with her to go back to, but wake up and find himself at a desk alone, surrounded by paperwork and empty cups of tea gone cold. Gone were the moments he would have to remind himself that she was dead, and there was no coming back from death.

All of that - all the pain, all the sadness, all the hopelessness - it was all gone now. For the last 6 months, he had her there with him. He wasn't alone anymore, he had her there with him. There were no more empty rooms, no more falling asleep alone, no more moments of telling himself she was dead - because she was alive, she was with him, and they had finally made the life they both had desired for as long as they could remember.

And now, in less than 24 hours - he was going to be married to her. To the girl who knew him since he was a child. The girl who had seen him do atrocious things, but still loved him. The girl who didn't see Humanity's Strongest - she saw her sweet, kind, caring childhood friend, her first love, the boy who taught her how to love, and how to protect herself - now a man who swore to protect her and love her. The man who would be making a vow to love and cherish her for the rest of his days, not that he wouldn't be doing that regardless of being married or not.

He let out a sigh as he took in the sight in front of him fully, and turned around to face Armin, and much to his dismay - Zeke. "What do you think?" he asked with a grin, "am I handsome enough to marry her?"

Zeke let out a soft chuckle, "not in your wildest dreams" he responded, ignoring the glare Armin sent his way

"You look great!" Armin exclaimed, as he stood up and walked to the small, elevated platform that Levi stood on, "all you'll need is the boutonniere and it'll be perfect! I'm sure she'll think you're absolutely dashing," Armin continued his glare at Zeke, who was sipping a cup of water and smirking,

"I'm just kidding, geez" Zeke rolled his eyes, "Levi, I'm sure she'll think you look perfect,"

Levi grumbled. He did not want this man there, he did not want him at his wedding - but the circumstances called for it, and alas - Anya and Nathalie had gotten ridiculously close over the past two months, so he was stuck with Zeke being around for the foreseeable future. "I hope so," he nodded to the tailor as he took off his jacket, handing it to the small man who had added all the last little details that were needed and stepped off the platform. He slouched down in a chair closer to Armin, and glanced at Zeke with discontent, "can you try to not look like you came in off the street at my wedding?"