Threat

Fuck . Anya thought as she felt the all too familiar restraint on her hands - gripped together, unable to move them free from the hold. She used the glass paneling of the kitchen window to steal a glance at her attacker, noticing he was wearing a royal guard uniform. She averted her eyes to his wrist, and immediately noticed the tattoo barely showing under the gloves - akin to the wings of freedom, but with two rifles crossed above it. A symbol she knew to belong to the Yeagerists.

Shit. What am I going to do? She thought to herself, as her instincts kicked in. For a moment, everything felt as if it was moving slower. Adrenaline and Cortisol rushed her veins, a feeling she was akin to. A feeling she felt every day in the underground, a feeling she felt every time she had to fight for her life.

Without a moment's hesitation, she lifted her foot upwards, kicking back until she felt the man's grip on her hands loosen from the pain radiating through him. She used this as an opportunity to swing her head back with force, hitting the man's nose with the back of her skull.

Immediately upon her wrists feeling their release, she grabbed the kettle off the stove, and with one hand pulled back the man's head by his hair. The other hand held the screaming tea kettle by its handle, and aimed the stream for his eyes as she pushed forward, spilling the burning hot liquid on the man's face as he let out a piercing scream.

She turned on her heels, as she ran towards the kitchen door she spotted a knife block - she knew these to be Niccolo's favorites, sharper than any others in the kitchen. She grabbed one she always saw him using, knowing it was likely the most used and thus, the one most often sharpened. She could feel every footstep, every breath in her lungs as she ran.

Clenching the knife in one hand, she began making her way back to her and Levi's room. Somehow, she felt as if they were there to take another victim - someone who they could use as leverage against Historia. Someone she was close to. That left three options.

The young princessOne of the 104th, whoever they could find alone.

Or...

Levi.

And there was no way in hell she was going to let harm come to any of them.

She would scream until she woke up the whole damn Palace, hell - she would wake up all of Mitras. She would fight until her very death if it meant protecting any of them. The little girl who may have well been Levi's own daughter by how much he loved her, the young men and women who showed her so much kindness and were starting to treat her like the mother so many of them had lost, and the love of her life - her sweet Levi , the man of her dreams. No - there was no way they were going to take any of them tonight.

"INTRUDERS!" She shouted, running up the stairs as she felt a hand on her ankle, coming down on her hands as she fell with a loud thud. The man who grabbed her ankle, she recognized as the guard who was supposed to be guarding the entrance door. "INTRUDERS!" she shouted again, as loud as she could force her lungs to.

Almost as if the adrenaline coursing through her veins controlled her, she stabbed the knife through the arm of the man who had grabbed her ankle, twisting it as she pulled it back up and staining Historia's pristinely white carpets red with his blood.

As she took the knife out with a twist, she thrust it back down into another spot on the man's arm before bringing it back up, pulling it out in front of her defensively. "I'll - I'll kill you!" she screamed, kicking her feet into the man's chest in a failed attempt to get him away from her quicker, as she turned to run back up the stairs.

Behind him, the man who she had encountered in the kitchen was making his way towards her. "Help!" She cried out, facing the hall as she screamed - hoping someone, anyone, was awake. It was then that she saw Levi open their bedroom door, a cane in one hand - having changed into his pajamas.