24 | japan women's basketball

Start from the beginning

both ichigo and hanuka shared knowing looks.

"you from tokyo?" hanuka asked.

the girl shook her head firmly, "no. i come from okinawa."

hanuka nodded, "oh, right. okay."

then, the next girl came up, she had her blonde hair in two buns, bangs framed her face, and she was sporting a mischievous grin as she tried to come up to seinaru's height— but couldn't because she's barely even five foot eight.

"i've been dreaming of this moment for so long." she grinned up at ymari. "i'm himiko takemichi, seventeen, jersey number 7, and a power forward.."

she then bowed at a perfect 90 degree angle, her hair falling upon her face as she did so. "marry me!"

awkward silence swept through the room as the girl bowed at the point guard.

seinaru blinked, unfazed. "no."

both ichigo and hanuka sweatdropped at the usual answer their captain gave.

takemichi started to cry anime tears as she went down on her knees and held her hands together, "but why???!!!"

seinaru looked at her blankly and took a side step, not wanting to be on the other end of the girl's begging.

"you're not my type." she said, before looking away.

the entire room erupted into snickers.

"amateur." the next girl had an edgy aesthetic going on. a choker necklace was around her neck, a lip piercing shone on the left side of her lip, and her dark green hair was chopped into a curtain haircut, with the rest of her hair tied into a braid.

"this is how you do it." she rolled her eyes at takemichi. her demeanor was intimidating as she stepped forward.

"eko ryuguji, eighteen, power forward, jersey number 8." she then dropped onto her knees, surprising the new people in the room with the sudden switch in her personality.

"will you marry me? we'll have kids and name them tonio, toonu, and tetsuno—"

"no." seinaru cut her off, slightly sweatdropping at the welcome she was receiving.

were all city people like this?

ryuguji slumped as she stood up, "dang it."

soon enough, the rest of the team introduced themselves to the three. there was yuna tomiko, 16 years old, #9 and a small forward, uze inosuke, 17 years old, #10 and a small forward, matsuko chiyo, 17 years old, #11 and a swingman.

and finally..

"ymari seinaru." the light brown haired girl with dim brown eyes stepped forward. her hair was in a messy bun, but it was obvious that it was short. her hands were tucked in her shorts as she glared at the captain of nippon.

"utsui futakuchi." the black haired girl responded with an equally stoic tone as the former.

the crowd around them stiffened as they felt the sudden shift in the air. both hanuka and ichigo looked at each other with perplexed eyes— how did their captain know this girl?

"it's good to see you." utsui blinked, slightly looking up at the girl, as she was only 5'9.

seinaru tilted her head to the side, and suddenly, a condescending smirk flitted upon her face. "how unfortunate it must be that i don't feel the same."

a tick mark appeared on utsui's head, "obnoxious brat."

"pompous prick." ymari smirked, raising an eyebrow as a challenge.