Chapter Fifteen; {~The Mark Of A Dead Man Walking~}

{~23/10/2021~}
{~Unedited~}
~~~
Ever Enough
{~Book; One~}
~~~

WARNING: ⚠️
{~This chapter contains, Panic Attack, mentions of abuse,  mentions of suicide attempt, mentions of self harm if I missed any please tell me~}

{~Previously On~}

Third Person Pov~
  "How old are you?" Stephan began, starting with seemingly simple questions. Though even to the naked eye, you could tell the boy was overthinking what he had currently said. Did the boy not even know his own age? Was he that new to the concept of having his own life he had forgotten that there was a life to begin with? Those thoughts made Stephan rather grateful that Bruce had stopped him, sure he hated being untrue to who he really was, and didn't find it hard to ignore the disgusted gazes that were sent every now and then by civilians, but this was a kid. A kid who was so isolated from reality he didn't even know there was a reality to begin with. He didn't know his own age, let alone how to react when around new people. He was tense and unsure, clinging to Bruce like a young child would.

  This made him wary of the time he spent with Harley, the heartbreaking thought of his own son like this destroyed him. Thinking about how Peter was like a son to Tony, left Stephan scared on how he could possibly react when he's back from mission the coming up Wednesday. The sight before him was sure to destroy the older man even more then the absence of the kid had already.

  "He's a couple months into Fourteen." Bruce answered quietly. His gaze shifting to the floor as he too noticed Peter's hesitation. He thought back to all those birthdays Peter had missed, how the kid didn't even remember how many had gone by. How he had been through so much he couldn't remember something as simple as how old he was. That made Bruce wish to hold the boy close, though he knew the act would scare him. So he didn't do such a thing.

  "Wow, you look so much older kid." Stephan called in a teasing manner, his voice filled with an uncanny amount of glee. Though the un-phased boy left that once wide smile faltering. He could've sworn he heard the kid mumble out an apology. One that was short and simple. One that left him and Bruce frowning.

  Today was going to be a long day.

{~Present Time~}

Third Person Pov~
  Bruce watched as Peter stared down Stephan, despite his vision being clouded with blurs, he was still able to make out the figure before him as he wore vibrant colours which popped compared to the scenery around them. Tears were running down the kids face, his lips parted slightly as his hand gently grazed over the markings along his neck. Stephan had mentioned them, more so asking Bruce as he was concerned they were from what they actually were from. That having been a thick rope, one that was the size of a penny in width and height, the length unknown as Peter hadn't paid attention to that detail. He was too focused on what he was about to end rather then the size of a long forgotten rope.

  One could say the boy was getting better at the time, he had less and less panic attacks, he was beginning to eat once more. But that was only because he wanted Eddie to know he didn't need him, that he didn't need anyone. How could Peter want, how could he fucking need something he was so unfamiliar with. It came as first nature to most, needing people, wanting or craving their presence. Though it wasn't first nor even second nature to the boy. It was more so a lesson he grew out of, a lesson that you weren't suppose too.